Hands on hatching and help

According to Dave H. since the ducklings are making a lot of their own body heat the temperature will go up in the incubator, so you should lower the temperature 1 to 1.5 degrees during lockdown to insure the ducklings aren't overheated.

According to Dave H. since the ducklings are making a lot of their own body heat the temperature will go up in the incubator, so you should lower the temperature 1 to 1.5 degrees during lockdown to insure the ducklings aren't overheated.

I know what he says, as do many others... just saying I haven't ever dropped mine... I also run my temp slightly warmer for duck eggs...

I think one of them blocked it's supply and died. :(:hit I widened the hole on the other one just to make sure.:fl 2 call eggs and 1 magpie left.:pop

So sorry! Usually that's only been an issue with shipped, dang it... if you are comfortable opening them and oiling membrane, go ahead... it will mean more monitoring, work and stress, but is your call...

So sweet! I can tell he's gonna be spoiled!
Did we ask what breed? Pekin?
So this is the Eggy after a few more days. Eating and pooping up a storm. Toddler socks make great duckling diapers btw. He doesn't seem to mind the turtleneck look either . Oh did I mention after two attempts (Eggy was a great sport about it which helped) of vent sexing we have a boy!

Attachments

• 0730171839a-1.jpg
    0730171839a-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
I know what he says, as do many others... just saying I haven't ever dropped mine... I also run my temp slightly warmer for duck eggs...

I dropped mine for my very first duck hatch, but haven't since.

So this is the Eggy after a few more days. Eating and pooping up a storm. Toddler socks make great duckling diapers btw. He doesn't seem to mind the turtleneck look either . Oh did I mention after two attempts (Eggy was a great sport about it which helped) of vent sexing we have a boy!

Hahaha i love it!! Thank you for the update and pic!! :love

Back
Top Bottom