Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. caesargirl

caesargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Not sure how to proceed.... Both eggs still kicking!!! One of them has a webby sticking out the hole now..... Leave it or help??

2. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Like it or not, one is trying to hatch now.... He's got his shell cracked and foot and head wiggling....

3. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    I HAVE A DUCKLING!!!!!

Yolk fully absorbed. Looks good!!!

4. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    Both ducklings hatched!! Second one has a pinhead sized belly opening that should close quickly. The first one is already stumbling around and the second is trying!!!

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate all the help, suggestions and support. Thank you so much.

Leaguinea likes this.
  5. grace21

grace21 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    Loving this thread :weee:pop

Its my first time incubating and I have had two chicks hatch out in the last few hours. I should probably mention that i am 14 years old, and have been helping chicks out of their eggs for a long time now and have never had any troubles, its nice to know that I seem to be doing okay. However my system simply consists of chipping away at the egg :clap. I am absolutely loving Backyard chickens! I am just starting to get into pekins, so i can start getting into some propper breeds as opposed to the mixed up lot we have :ya

Oh and when can i start cuddling my little bundles of joy?:hugs

Thankyou everyone!!! :celebrate:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. caesargirl

May 13, 2015
    Unity, Maine
    @grace21 welcome and congratulations on your hatches. Since I don't know anything about chicken chicks, someone else will help with that! Bus welcome to BYC!!

7. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    You seem very bright! I will say that sometimes those "mixed" up breeds can be the best! I have quite a few pure breeds but I also have a coop of backyard mixes. My backyard mixes are usually my best producers. I think that when the breeds combine a lot of times the best traits are what gets carried forward.

8. grace21

grace21 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016

Thankyou ! Hehe yes i love them to, especially because you never know what tbe chicks will end up like :weee , no one else in my family is really keen on the pekins , but i have a weakness for the cute and cuddly ones ! :lau :love

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Congrats!

-Kathy

10. zmcolbert

zmcolbert Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2016
    Ok, so one that piped first seems stalled, though it hasn't been 24 hrs. It has been like this for a few hours. What do I do?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by