Hands on hatching and help

I'm was supposed to lockdown yesterday with my shipped call eggs. But the air cells seem on the small side so I'm waiting for the first internal pip to up humidity but I stopped turning a couple days ago. 6 were still alive yesterday. All the eggs look so weird except for two. I would think they are all quitters but I learned my lesson on my last batch, plus they are moving around. I'm hoping to give my single call a friend. He is such a good boy (I don't know the sex but think boy). He really loves me and the kids like we are his family. I took this pic yesterday and just love it!

This is hands down the cutest picture I've ever seen..I've always raised multiples of ducklings, so never got to have the bond of a single baby. But have heard a lot about them being a better buddy than a dog ♡♡ And I think Blooie is correct, that a contest winner for sure

Question time.....don't you roll your eyes at me!! I can hear that, you know! I candled the 14 eggs in the incubator tonight while I was turning them. Every one of the them looks great. Embryos are all active, veining looks strong and is much more diffuse over the inner surfaces of the eggs than I was used to seeing in the ones I tried hatching before, and two of the 4 slightly floating air cells seem to be firming up very well. Humidity is pretty constant at 40 - 45% and temps look good.

So what could I could possibly be questioning? Um, some of the embryos inside the eggs look much larger than others. Is that normal? I've read that different incubators can have warm spots and cooler spots, so at least once a day when I turn them, I also shift them around so they aren't always in the same place. Should I stop doing that? Or should I just stop looking for monsters to jump out of the closet at me?

My problem is there nothing there to ancer it to. What is on the side is the house. On the other side of that is a book shelves. It keeps them dry like shelter. In front of that is more nesting boxes . And there food and water dish. On other side of two book shelves is a block wall. Deer netting is above them. We tried the eggs outside. But weather stop eggs with ants. Last hatch. I gave up and put them in incubator but it didn't go well. These hatch we put dog house in. They like it better but eggs our not developing baby's at all only yolk.one had a tiny baby very new beginning stages. Lost so many eggs. So we wanted to put a light to try and help them. Maybe to cold. It's rained a lot these time. I don't know how to help them. Very worryed

Question time.....don't you roll your eyes at me!!  I can hear that, you know! I candled the 14 eggs in the incubator tonight while I was turning them.  Every one of the them looks great. Embryos are all active, veining looks strong and is much more diffuse over the inner surfaces of the eggs than I was used to seeing in the ones I tried hatching before, and two of the 4 slightly floating air cells seem to be firming up very well.  Humidity is pretty constant at 40 - 45% and temps look good.  

So what could I could possibly be questioning?  Um, some of the embryos inside the eggs look much larger than others.  Is that normal?  I've read that different incubators can have warm spots and cooler spots, so at least once a day when I turn them, I also shift them around so they aren't always in the same place.  Should I stop doing that?  Or should I just stop looking for monsters to jump out of the closet at me?
all sounds good to me. If it makes you feel better to move them. I don't see that it hurts anything. Much safer to move eggs. keeps you from changing temps. Grins

all sounds good to me. If it makes you feel better to move them. I don't see that it hurts anything. Much safer to move eggs. keeps you from changing temps. Grins
Yeah, we played the yo-yo game with the first hatch at first. I did everything I thought I was supposed to - set it up early, let it run and stabilize, got the humidity right, then put the eggs in a couple of days later and all the settings went to Hades in a handbasket and the fiddling started. I didn't know that putting the eggs in could change things so much. I do now, by golly by gum!

Yeah, we played the yo-yo game with the first hatch at first.  I did everything I thought I was supposed to - set it up early, let it run and stabilize, got the humidity right, then put the eggs in a couple of days later and all the settings went to Hades in a handbasket and the fiddling started.  I didn't know that putting the eggs in could change things so much.  I do now, by golly by gum!
you've got this. This will be a good hatch for you. Just keep steady and bored until lockdown. Grins

Back
Top Bottom