Hands on hatching and help

My 8 year old son took a dive off his scooter after dinner tonight. Cut up his knee pretty bad. As I'm bending over cleaning his bloody knee, he tells me "I think my arm is broken"...what?! He was right. It's broken. Sitting in the hospital....motherhood is not so glorious.

And I quoted a lot of posts that were already answered so this may seem redundant but I'm on my phone and dead tired so keeping them...
They will not be interested in it right away. Give them some time to strengthen. Did you take any special precautions with the shipped eggs? What was your regimen with them from the time they arrived on?
I run q little higher temp. Usually around 100. Did you monitor the air cells? How did they look? Also did you calibrate a separate hygrometer and thermometer?
:th
Wow!!!!! That's a LOT of chicks!! You rock!
Amy, when I counted how many hours it had been I thought About you!! I knew the chick was not ready from when it pipped. It was not drawn down, FULL of veins and fluid/space. I was shocked it pipped. Besides peeking in the pip the next morning I didn't touch it once! Just shined my candler in and made sure it was alive.

And x2.
It really boils down to quality. With my chicks I have a certain price range and I list for a specific price but once they hatch that price can go up or down a couple dollars depending on how close to SOP they are.
I want one so bad!
I love the portal idea! I thought it was amazing from the second I saw the first pics! If you have mostly LF just make sure the silkies don't get bullied or picked on. Because of their vaulted skulls they are prone to brain injuries from pecking. I know you'll do great, though!!
Did the zipper get out?

With 4 kids we have had our fair share of accidents. They almost always happen after hours or on the weekends lol. Hope your little guy feels better soon. Sounds like he took it like a champ though.. :)

You can, but only if you have the right combinations. Blue birds bred to blue birds will produce blue, black, and splash offspring. Blue bred to splash will produce only blue and splash. Blue bred to black will produce only blue and black. Splash bred to splash will produce only splash, and black bred to black will produce only black.
I'll be asking you to repeat this next spring....lol

AGREE I have never had to sit and watch mine at home.
Half the reason I get such good hatches in the LG is because I am home to monitor the majority of the time. So when it starts rising I can catch it before it gets deadly. But almost everyone I know that runs the Hovas barely have much more to monitor than many with the Brinseas.

Zip is exact same as when I went to bed. Should I help or leave? @Amy Lynne
How long has it been? If it's been 18-24 hours and you feel it needs to be looked into, go ahead, but stop if you see veining/blood.

@RubyNala97 my quote for you dissapeared!! Hope your boy is ok and heals fast!!

My night owl son for some reason has been wide awake since 5:30 this morning. I was soundly sleeping and I heard a noise beside my bed followed by a "Good Morning". I opened my eyes and his face was like an inch from mine. Bug me out! Not cool....lol I thought he'd get tired and lay back down, but no. I'm dying here.

One of my teeny tiny baby Serama chicks. It weighs 16g, two thirds of an ounce!! Its regular size sibling weighs 50g - two ounces - for comparison, so all three Seramas together are still lighter than the regular chick.
1f60d.png

Aww in love!! :)

I'll be asking you to repeat this next spring....lol

Half the reason I get such good hatches in the LG is because I am home to monitor the majority of the time. So when it starts rising I can catch it before it gets deadly.  But almost everyone I know that runs the Hovas barely have much more to monitor than many with the Brinseas. 

How long has it been? If it's been 18-24 hours and you feel it needs to be looked into, go ahead, but stop if you see veining/blood.

Lmfao my 4 year old does this in the middle of the night. Makes me think of those horror movies where the kids are possessed lol

Back
Top Bottom