Hands on hatching and help

Aww sorry about your pony. From my experience they are quite the little fighters though. I'll say a prayer she pulls through. How exciting you won some eggs. I never win anything lol.. :)

Thanks :) She's been very healthy so far, and despite being about 75% blind, does really well.
Lol I usually never win anything, either! I happened to check in on the 24 hour Auction thread to see who won the Price is Right game and cj was calling for contestants for the bonus round on the other thread so I was lucky to be online at the right time! I didn't do well the first round but won the second lol.

Thankfully, today is a little less hectic. I can finally get on here to catch up! I've had to have the horse vet here twice this week- our mini pony who is close to 40 years old has pneumonia and isn't eating. She didn't respond to the first antibiotics so we have her on 2 others now. So I'm making pills into paste and syringe feeding them to an unhappy little patient 3x a day. Hopefully she pulls through. She's a sweet gal.

In the incubator, we're on day 9 today and things are going pretty well. My shipped Splash Marans are looking great 14 of 16 definitely developing as of day 7, one maybe, the other doubtful.
I'm doing a test hatch of my Calico/ Mille Fleur bantam Cochins. These are brand new layers and 18 week old cockerel and I have 1/4 of those developing. I looks like a quitter, the other 2 are nada. I need to open those and see if they started at all. And I think I have 3 or 4 of my BBS copper Marans in there too lol.

Since I was very lucky to have won some Ayam Cemani eggs from cjwaldon's bonus round Price Is Right game last night on the auction chat thread, looks like I will be setting more eggs next week!! :weee

Sorry about your pony. :(
I love all your birds, will be anxious to see how this hatch comes out, especially those cochins. And I missed the bonus round, but glad you won!

Ok tomorrow is day 18 for my first hatch in the brinsea octagon 20. Do you guys lay anything down in the bottom to help prevent slipping? If so what do you all use? Thanks. :)

Yep, what Amy said :D

I use the rubber shelf lining from the dollar store.

X2

Thanks :) She's been very healthy so far, and despite being about 75% blind, does really well.
Lol I usually never win anything, either! I happened to check in on the 24 hour Auction thread to see who won the Price is Right game and cj was calling for contestants for the bonus round on the other thread so I was lucky to be online at the right time! I didn't do well the first round but won the second lol.

Nice!!! :)

edit sorry bumped reply they all carry it even Walmart but the cheapest place since you only use it once is the dollar tree since everything is 1$!

Yep. I think I bought dollar general for like $5. Sizes may vary, so I'd suggest measuring your incubator bottom to see how wide is needed. Mines about an inch short from both sides :/

Also, I have washed it and reused it, before I bought a new roll. Super hot water with a little antibacterial soap. Reused several times with no problem.

Yep. I think I bought dollar general for like $5. Sizes may vary, so I'd suggest measuring your incubator bottom to see how wide is needed. Mines about an inch short from both sides :/

Also, I have washed it and reused it, before I bought a new roll. Super hot water with a little antibacterial soap. Reused several times with no problem.

Thanks.. I'll just buy a bunch of them lol

Ok thanks. Is that the dollar tree or the dollar store lol?
A dollar store is a store in which everything is a dollar so, yes on both accounts...lol

I have this argument with one of my best friends regularly because she calls the dollar general and the family dollar -dollar stores. NO NO NO. They have dollar in the name does not make them a dollar store. It's not a dollar store unless everything is a dollar. Yes. I get mine at the dollar tree.
wink.png

Yep. I think I bought dollar general for like $5. Sizes may vary, so I'd suggest measuring your incubator bottom to see how wide is needed. Mines about an inch short from both sides
hmm.png

One roll is all I need. It's not wide enough, but it's longer than I need, so I cut it and get two pieces that fit.

Half the reason I like it is so I can roll it up and throw it out and have less washing....lol I'm not very green am I???

edit sorry bumped reply they all carry it even Walmart but the cheapest place since you only use it once is the dollar tree since everything is 1$!

I'm totally going to buy this for my next round. I just need to figure out when the next round will be. And I need eggs first. But I'm not really sure I want shipped eggs this time. I have a hankering to get some whyndott bantams.

Back
Top Bottom