Hands on hatching and help

Ok here are 2 more pics of my trouble egg. There still are slight veins, im nit really seeing movement, maybe slight shifting. I can see his shape. Humidity is still good 65-70, temperature 100F. Im misting and turning. Any other ideas?

Hi, yes last Thursday both eggs looked great, then i checked this one last night & it looks yellow & odd. I posted a picture last night in this thread, another person said it may be a "Sticky " egg. My other egg is nice & pink & i see movement.
:( i have a bad feeling about this one of course.

Hi, yes last Thursday both eggs looked great, then i checked this one last night & it looks yellow & odd. I posted a picture last night in this thread, another person said it may be a "Sticky " egg. My other egg is nice & pink & i see movement.
sad.png i have a bad feeling about this one of course.

sad.png i have a bad feeling about this one of course.

Unfortunately, that's what my quitters look like. Even those colors don't look right.

@ShanandGem are you suggesting she will not get better? then why feed her? & if i did feed her yolk, do i cook it first? fry it or what, ive never done this for a sick chick. excuse my ignorance.

@ShanandGem are you suggesting she will not get better? then why feed her? & if i did feed her yolk, do i cook it first? fry it or what, ive never done this for a sick chick. excuse my ignorance.

If it were me, I wold be tending to her round the clock in the hopes she would improve. Feed yolk raw from a syringe. You really just have to wet the side of their beak and their drinking reflex will take over. It's what their digestive system starts life with and may be easier for her to digest if her system's not fully functional yet. The poop is a good sign though.

If it were me, I wold be tending to her round the clock in the hopes she would improve.  Feed yolk raw from a syringe.  You really just have to wet the side of their beak and their drinking reflex will take over.  It's what their digestive system starts life with and may be easier for her to digest if her system's not fully functional yet.  The poop is a good sign though.
OK, thank you very much.
one more Q: does it matter if i give her duck or chicken egg yolk. thanks again.

OK, thank you very much.
one more Q: does it matter if i give her duck or chicken egg yolk. thanks again.

I wouldn't think it matters. Sick chicks seem to like being held and cuddled. Just be prepared to be her mother hen forever. lol
Good luck! I hope she improves

Hey- I don't know whether to help my ducks. I a hatching call duck eggs and today is the due date- they are all moving and can hear the occasional cheep and they internally pipped about 29-30 hours and their beaks are nowhere near the top of the egg to start internally pipping?! What shall I do? Shall I make a small hole?! Any advice and plans would be amazing !!

Back
Top Bottom