Hands on hatching and help

Here's what one looks like after having a boot on for 24 hours. The other foot is exactly the same I just didn't want to take his boot off and have to redo it lol

He does not use the toes and tries to stand on his ankle area. toes are constantly closed up like this as if he's making a fist..

Last edited:
Hey- I don't know whether to help my ducks. I a hatching call duck eggs and today is the due date- they are all moving and can hear the occasional cheep and they internally pipped about 29-30 hours and their beaks are nowhere near the top of the egg to start internally pipping?! What shall I do? Shall I make a small hole?! Any advice and plans would be amazing !!
Shall I help them?!' Please help me xx

Hey- I don't know whether to help my ducks. I a hatching call duck eggs and today is the due date- they are all moving and can hear the occasional cheep and they internally pipped about 29-30 hours and their beaks are nowhere near the top of the egg to start internally pipping?! What shall I do? Shall I make a small hole?! Any advice and plans would be amazing !!
Shall I help them?!' Please help me xx
We have a couple people on here that are "duck" people that can give you more insight, however, they are already internally pipped if the are cheeping. It's just a matter of making the external pip. I have seen some people make a small safety hole in the air cell to allow more time for them to progress. It's a matter of what you are comfortable with.

It has been nearly 48 hours now since they internally pipped and there is still no external pip! Shall I make a hole

Back
Top Bottom