Hands on hatching and help

Day 26 today and they have been cheeping Snd tapping for 2 days now but I will do the hole in the morning
and you don't see any externally? Can you pick the egg up and rub your hands all over it, feel for any bumps, sometimes they externally upside down.. Calls are usually very quiet too, it's hard to hear them, sometimes the only way I can hear them is if I have the egg to my ear.. If you can hear them, they must be REALLY close..

Day 26 today and they have been cheeping Snd tapping for 2 days now but I will do the hole in the morning
They only have enough air to last them for 24-48 hours and if they have been talking for that long. It may not be a bad choice to make that safe hole now. Calls are known to run out of air.

Just make the hole very small, no bigger then a pen tip..

Thank you all!! I am really just wanting them to come out! I have another batch about to hatch in 2 days and is there anything I can do to help them?! X

and you don't see any externally? Can you pick the egg up and rub your hands all over it, feel for any bumps, sometimes they externally upside down.. Calls are usually very quiet too, it's hard to hear them, sometimes the only way I can hear them is if I have the egg to my ear.. If you can hear them, they must be REALLY close..

That must be the only time they are quiet!
big_smile.png

Good luck with this assist, both of you. I don't do Calls. I was just trying to help clarify the timing. But I'll be anxiously awaiting the progress on this one!

Thank you all!! I am really just wanting them to come out! I have another batch about to hatch in 2 days and is there anything I can do to help them?! X
Well try feeling the shell make sure they haven't already made there externally mark, If not, then go ahead a make the safe hole, last thing we need is for them to run out of air, which is not a unknown thing with calls.

Then will give them another 24 hours to escape, if they haven't escaped by tomorrow, will help them.. Your sure about the time, 2 days of just talking inside that shell?

That must be the only time they are quiet!
big_smile.png

Good luck with this assist, both of you. I don't do Calls. I was just trying to help clarify the timing. But I'll be anxiously awaiting the progress on this one!
hahahahah and YES, you can or at least for me, I can hardly hear them. Totally different story once they are out. AHHHHHH

That must be the only time they are quiet!  :D

Good luck with this assist, both of you.  I don't do Calls.  I was just trying to help clarify the timing.  But I'll be anxiously awaiting the progress on this one!

Well try feeling the shell make sure they haven't already made there externally mark,  If not, then go ahead a make the safe hole, last thing we need is for them to run out of air, which is not a unknown thing with calls.  

Then will give them another 24 hours to escape, if they haven't escaped by tomorrow, will help them..  Your sure about the time, 2 days of just talking inside that shell?

Will going upside down make a difference? Also they had a shadow near the air sack and then a few hours later were in there so I am pretty sure and thanks for all the help!! Could the holes just be really small that I can't see them?! Could I wake up tomorrow and just find a load of duckling?!! I am really anxious to make the safe hole!!do I have to? I am worried about hitting the duckling? Should I help now or wait till the morning?!!! Any advice would be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom