Hands on hatching and help

It has been nearly 48 hours now since they internally pipped and there is still no external pip! Shall I make a hole

I'm confused. 7 hours ago you said it had been 29-30 hours. And on another thread 7 hours ago, you said it had been 28 hours.

Are you sure "when" they pipped?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but timing makes a huge difference!! I understand that you want to help, but if it isn't ready for your help, you can possibly do more damage, so please verify.

Try using a stiffer tape and leave it on for three days?

-Kathy
I don't see how stiffer tape is going to help, Why? because I have his feet flat on a piece of cardboard, then I taped his feet to the cardboard.

Regardlesss, he is no longer with us. I had left the house at 11:45am, got back at 1:08pm went to check on him and he was gone.. NO clue what happened or why. he wasn't in any water, in fact he was in the same spot that I had put him in before I left..

Hey- I don't know whether to help my ducks. I a hatching call duck eggs and today is the due date- they are all moving and can hear the occasional cheep and they internally pipped about 29-30 hours and their beaks are nowhere near the top of the egg to start internally pipping?! What shall I do? Shall I make a small hole?! Any advice and plans would be amazing !!
Shall I help them?!' Please help me xx
I thought I had responded already, I would leave them, give them past there due date. they have 24 to 48 hours of oxygen in there shell once they internally pipped.

I'm confused.  7 hours ago you said it had been 29-30 hours.  And on another thread 7 hours ago, you said it had been 28 hours. 

Are you sure "when" they pipped? 

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but timing makes a huge difference!!  I understand that you want to help, but if it isn't ready for your help, you can possibly do more damage, so please verify. 

I saw them pip on about 7pm two days ago but fully pipped at 9 so either way it is getting on 44 if u go by when they are fully out! Still a very long time! I can hear them peeping from outside of the incubator and the eggs are rocking so are they nearly externally pipped?!!!! When will they pop!! X

Hey- I don't know whether to help my ducks. I a hatching call duck eggs and today is the due date- they are all moving and can hear the occasional cheep and they internally pipped about 29-30 hours and their beaks are nowhere near the top of the egg to start internally pipping?! What shall I do? Shall I make a small hole?! Any advice and plans would be amazing !!
Shall I help them?!' Please help me xx
I understand the Anticipation of wanting to see that baby. But with different time passing, it makes it confusing and difficult to determine if intervening is the correct choice. Calls are very unpredictable, however, intervening to soon will cause problems and even death. Not intervening could cause problems and death. The best advice we can give you right now, is to be patient, Let them come to you, you don't need to come to them. At least not right now. If they are talking, let them talking it out. They have a lot of things to do in that shell and when they want you to see what's going on they will let you know. PATIENCE WILL PAY OFF..

In the meantime, if you REALLY want to help them, then get on Youtube, play the video called "hatching ducks". The sound will make them think "OMG, Someone has Escaped, LETS GET OUT OF HERE". then you will see them playing the dominos game. BOOM BOOM BOOM..

I saw them pip on about 7pm two days ago but fully pipped at 9 so either way it is getting on 44 if u go by when they are fully out! Still a very long time! I can hear them peeping from outside of the incubator and the eggs are rocking so are they nearly externally pipped?!!!! When will they pop!! X
I would hang tough for one more day. You have to give them there due date..

If by morning there's still no externally, THEN make your safe hole. The safe hole should be NO BIGGER then the tip of a pen top. it's not a hole for you to see them, it's only ment so oxygen can get in and they don't run out of air.

Understand once they make the external it could be several hours, even a couple of days before they are completely out.

In the meantime, can you tell me where your temp, humidity and do you have a fan?

I would hang tough for one more day.  You have to give them there due date..

If by morning there's still no externally, THEN make your safe hole.  The safe hole should be NO BIGGER then the tip of a pen top.  it's not a hole for you to see them, it's only ment so oxygen can get in and they don't run out of air.

Understand once they make the external it could be several hours, even a couple of days before they are completely out.

In the meantime, can you tell me where your temp, humidity and do you have a fan?

I have a brinsea 20 octagon incubator temp is 37.4'c humidity is 60-65% on fan

Back
Top Bottom