Hands on hatching and help

Yes, thank you!

I just went and candled it and I actually heard it peeping. It was actually sort of loud. Is that a good sign?

Yes, peeping is always a good sign :) But I'd still do the saftey hole if it's been internally pipped for 48 hours already with no external pip, just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt anything and it can only help.

And thanks again WV, my phone absolutely hates the mobile site - most of the time I can't even quote people, let alone fine and post links, lol! I just got home so I can actually use BYC again.

Yes, peeping is always a good sign
smile.png
But I'd still do the saftey hole if it's been internally pipped for 48 hours already with no external pip, just to be on the safe side. It won't hurt anything and it can only help.

And thanks again WV, my phone absolutely hates the mobile site - most of the time I can't even quote people, let alone fine and post links, lol! I just got home so I can actually use BYC again.

Ok I'll make the hole.

I get what you mean about the mobile site, it doesn't work with my phone quite right either.

Last edited:
Okay, as promised, one guinea egg between two large chicken eggs (AC eggs actually):

Guinea eggs are smaller and pointier than chicken eggs. They're blunt on one side and come to a point on the other.

Amy, when I get home in like half an hour I'll take a picture of guinea eggs next to chicken eggs for you so you can tell the difference when you set
smile.png

Okay, as promised, one guinea egg between two large chicken eggs (AC eggs actually):

Guinea eggs are smaller and pointier than chicken eggs. They're blunt on one side and come to a point on the other.
To be honest, none of them really look al that pointed. I set them this morning. I'll take a pic of the eggs in the bator.

Thank you BTW.

Here's what he brought me. Maybe one or two are somewhat similiar but mostly they just look like chicken eggs. Now, I believe they are all in together, (the black sex links and the guineas) so he may be totally wrong too...lol

Thank you BTW. Here's what he brought me. Maybe one or two are somewhat similiar but mostly they just look like chicken eggs. Now, I believe they are all in together, (the black sex links and the guineas) so he may be totally wrong too...lol
Yeah, I'm not seeing in guinea eggs in there. I could be wrong, but I think you have all chicken eggs there.

Back
Top Bottom