Hands on hatching and help

gonna save up here for a new one too my lg egg turner don't like blue swedish duck eggs and has the stupid digital contral that freaks out as soon as humidity goes up. haven't had time seems like to get mine built with stuff this year even though have the stuff, like that idea though money in the envelope for it. If I get it built before I get enough money well we can always make it into new coop fund lol
There you go! lol

Just checked the eggs under my broody. She has 6 doing great! 4 are on day 14, the other 2 are a few hours behind, I started them in the incubator the next day, just in case she had any clears. Didn't have any clear, but one of hers did quit early, so I took that one and gave her the 2 I had started.
Oh the broody is Clara, my first silver duckwing OEGB that I hatched, she's on self-blue OEGB eggs. :)

Ugh. I think I should just give up with these birds.

Only day 2 and my 2 year old unplugged the heat. It got down to 75 degrees and no clue how long. So frustrating.

Should I just toss all the eggs?

Ugh ...sigh

Just checked the eggs under my broody. She has 6 doing great! 4 are on day 14, the other 2 are a few hours behind, I started them in the incubator the next day, just in case she had any clears. Didn't have any clear, but one of hers did quit early, so I took that one and gave her the 2 I had started.
Oh the broody is Clara, my first silver duckwing OEGB that I hatched, she's on self-blue OEGB eggs. :)

You are blessed with good broodys!! Just when my egg supply was getting decent one girl decided not to leave the nest box. The next day another girl decided she'd like to sit for 21 days too. Today a third girl has joined them! I'm down 3 girls in 3 days!! :he as Ravyn told me, they will sit on their feet just fine. No eggs for my bad mamas!

Nope... plug it back in... :)

X2!

You are blessed with good broodys!! Just when my egg supply was getting decent one girl decided not to leave the nest box. The next day another girl decided she'd like to sit for 21 days too. Today a third girl has joined them! I'm down 3 girls in 3 days!! :he as Ravyn told me, they will sit on their feet just fine. No eggs for my bad mamas!
X2!

I have 5 or 6 in my Silkie coop sitting on their feet... :/

The paint I hatched from you is coloring in nice... gotta get pics for you soon...

I really wanted to try hard for once not to bug you guys with constant questions. Sorry.

Where is the link on air cells and how they should look?

You are blessed with good broodys!! Just when my egg supply was getting decent one girl decided not to leave the nest box. The next day another girl decided she'd like to sit for 21 days too. Today a third girl has joined them! I'm down 3 girls in 3 days!!
he.gif
as Ravyn told me, they will sit on their feet just fine. No eggs for my bad mamas!
X2!

This particular hen is my youngest layer, and her first time sitting. I hope she's as good a momma as the others. The chicks are due Sunday or Monday, and her first birthday is Tuesday
smile.png

I still can't believe my silkies never were broody. Did yours quit laying too, or are they trying to create a nest? Have you tried any of the breaking techniques?

I really wanted to try hard for once not to bug you guys with constant questions. Sorry.

Where is the link on air cells and how they should look?

Best way to get better is to keep asking questions. We're all here to help! Ask away!

Back
Top Bottom