1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    Amy you are so funny! The sad part is that I am the same way. I swear I worry about my eggs almost as bad as I worry about my kiddos. When they were infants I use to wake up at all hours of the night and stick my finger under their noses to make sure they were still breathing! When I set my bators I am constantly checking them for fear that something is going wrong... nothing ever is, but it doesn't stop me from getting up in the middle of the night to check them. It's even worse on day 21ish when they are hatching... I don't think I ever go to sleep that day!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I did the same thing to my son and he co-slept with me from birth...lol A couple times I even shook him cause I couldn't tell....lol I think even if I had a Brinsea, I'd be the same way....lol During hatch I try not to have to go anywhere that causes me to be gone more than an hour or two because even if the bator has been holding steady for 2 weeks I'm afraid the one time that I leave it'll spike and kill everyone....lol

3. kuchchicks

Apr 8, 2015
    YES!!! Exactly. I have tried to explain this to my husband but he just looks at me with a blank stare! Lol! I KNEW my logic was not faulty! If someone else is thinking it, it must be true!

I still co-sleep with my youngest. I would love to have just one more baby but I am sure that him co-sleeping with us at age 2 is the biggest reason that that has not happened. Oh well.

4. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA

LMBO at kuchchick with babies at night.
    I would wake mine too if they slept "too long". Ha at least with the first,,,or snap awake if I heard them sigh! Fun memories[​IMG]

5. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    Guess what? I open my incubator at least ten times yesterday and the duckling still managed to hatch. Go figure... [​IMG]

-Kathy

3 people like this.
  7. kuchchicks

Apr 8, 2015
    Or wake with crazy fear if God forbid they actually slept through the night!!!

8. kuchchicks

Apr 8, 2015
    Blasphemy! LOL!

9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012

10. EmilyB86

EmilyB86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    Why can't the duck stand?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by