Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. EmilyB86

EmilyB86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    The bleeding stopped on its own but the duckling cannot stand and just lays on its side!

2. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA

Ahahah,,yes! That, lay there for hours exhausted, but WIDE awake because what if they need me? Sleeping thru the night (in this house)warranted a call to the peditricain, both grandma's &varied other mothers. I swear the little boogers actually would smile in their slumber,,,like they knew I was under their spell.

Just as bad with my pets..my Americauna must know I'm waiting on her final egg to start my hatch-has she laided yet today? NO course not.

3. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA
    [​IMG]

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    7 and 8 are the same egg....I just took the second shot from a different angle.

I'll do that tonight after dark.

5. EmilyB86

EmilyB86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    M. It has dried up a bit

6. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    LOL Mine is 8...lol His bed is in my room and he still has to be in mine! lol

[​IMG]

Yes!!!!! OMG is something wrong? He hasn't woke up in the middle of the night!!! lol

1 person likes this.
  7. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    The bleeding has stopped? he'll need vitamins to replenish the blood loss.

8. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    He just hasn't gotten his strength yet, he'll get it. Loosen blood like that makes them weak..

9. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    IF she's getting off the nest to start teaching the other babies how to do things, the eggs will get cold and it will take longer for them to come out, if you can incubated them that would be great then you can sneek them underneath her at night when she's got all the others ones under her. Can't just throw them out to her she may reject them.

If you leave them, she will likely get on them at night but not having warmth during the day is what will slow them down. Some may not even make it, she may get to the point of finding the new babies a new sleeping place and avoid the nest all together.

I would bate them myself, most of the work is done for you already, you just get the enjoyment of watching them hatch.. Once they are fluffed up, I would at night only sneek them back underneath.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    LOL, And to think a mamma duck or hen THEY GET TO SLEEP it's NOT FAIR!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by