Hands on hatching and help

Awesome!! Yeah, I run a little hotter too and usually get action early but then it drags on till day 22. Please post updates!!
I always hatch at 75%. But that's just what works best for me.
I gotta ask...how do you intercept a package so it does not go through certain hubs??
It's so hard not to candle, isn't it?!? I say if they are local eggs, then candle away!! :D

Hahahahhha!!!! First off you have to have an account set up with the USPS. Then once a package has shipped you take the tracking number and track the package. From this point it will give you the option to intercept that way it does not bypass you. One of my main hubs is Jacksonville and seeing that I live in Savannah, GA all my packages have to go there before it come to me (bypassing me then coming back to me) I don't get it. However, if I intercept it normally it goes a different route to come straight to me and does not even go south of me to come back north. It gets weird scans in random pos around the state. Lol...but it's so worth it esp since it skips Jacksonville! ;) oh you also have to pay extra in order to intercept. They only charge you of they are able to intercept the package. If they can't or don't get to it in time you will not be charged. I think I paid 12 bucks max to have a package intercepted and it workout out great!

For those of you with the Chinese knockoff incubators - do NOT trust the unit's meters! Get an independent hygrometer and thermometer (or more is even better) and test for accuracy. Ignore the unit.
is this one of the ones you're referring to?

is this one of the ones you're referring to?

A tip for those, keep the base inside the bottom square of styrofoam it came in when using them... another member had one and it wouldn't keep steady temp for anything... he pulled out the styrofoam from the box and kept it in it and it stayed steady...

Also, never trust the thermometers or hygrometers that are in any bator... should always have extras to make sure it's correct... :)

A tip for those, keep the base inside the bottom square of styrofoam it came in when using them... another member had one and it wouldn't keep steady temp for anything... he pulled out the styrofoam from the box and kept it in it and it stayed steady...

Also, never trust the thermometers or hygrometers that are in any bator... should always have extras to make sure it's correct... :)

Unfortunately I don't have the Styrofoam any more but I got an additional thermometer/hydrometer today and my incubator Temps I've been going off of have been a whole 3 degrees too low
1f623.png

I just keep the top styrofoam on mine so i can still see in. Bottom would work as well probably

This chick is on day 24, does it look like it's getting shrink wrapped? Idk what to do. My temp was low and I didn't know so I figured it wasn't going to hatch at all but now I know it's going to be late because of the temp but I clearly messed up the shell by thinking it was a dud.... I have it wrapped in a wet paper towel that I keep rewetting. I can see it moving as if it's breathing. What do I do?!?

Another pic

Keep the paper towel off of it, that can actually chill it... get a qtip and either some vaseline, coconut oil or antibiotic ointment and gently rub a bit all the way across the membrane... just don't get it in the nares... reapply as necessary and that will keep the membrane nice and moist...

Back
Top Bottom