Hands on hatching and help

I'm getting irritated!  I took 3 videos (short, like maybe 10 -15 seconds each) of my "dancers" the very day I said I would (day 8 it would have been I think) and my phone is giving me fits about uploading them to YouTube.....it's like it never even KNEW there WAS such a thing as YouTube.  But I've got 'em, and as soon as I find the cable I'll just put 'em up directly on the computer and then load them.  I promised I'd post them a couple of days ago, and I will get them up!!

My phone does this all the time. I so wish there was a way to upload videos directly to BYC and not have to use YouTube first. Good luck getting them up!

OH don't give him any credit, He complains, whines the whole 9 yards but puts up with it because I take care of them all.. I'm collecting duck eggs but MAN I can't find them. But today, I found one and it was COVERED with ice, I'm still going to try and hatch it. LOL 

That's the spirit!!

Sonofabummer. Frickin power is out because of a windstorm. Estimated tome of repair 6pm. Crap crap crap

What day are they on? Don't panic, incubators usially hold the heat for awhile and the eggs do pretty good getting cooled. This happened to me once and the power company said our power would be out all night, so I moved them to my moms and it was back on by the time I got home, less then an hour later. :fl

My phone does this all the time. I so wish there was a way to upload videos directly to BYC and not have to use YouTube first.
Yes!!! You should be able to! Just cause you want to share something on here doesn't mean you want to share it to youtube or vimeo.

Finally for the first time in over 24 hours, I got my bator balanced out and temps steady. All 3 therms reading the same. Going by 3 now. 6 hours from day 4.

Oops! My bad.
hide.gif
Hard for me to imagine given the weather here.

-Kathy
LOL. Our high today was supposed to be 32F, not sure it hit it...lol I had water freezing in the coops this morning.

:frow hi everyone!
I'm so glad I found this thread! I see some familiar faces here which is great! I didn't realize so many others are hands-on hatchers
1f604.png

I actually had to help a chick last night- a wrong end pipper who was struggling but couldn't turn. Hopefully it will do ok. :fl
It was pipped and stuck zipping during a power outage so between keeping my children occupied in the dark, keeping day old chicks warm by the fire and trying to keep 2 bators warm I nearly had a meltdown but we made it through. I'll find out if my eggs make it in a couple of days. They're on day 19 today!

I have more shipped eggs coming this week and I do like to candle often so I'll post pics :)
And I have a shipment of chicks arriving Tuesday or Wednesday :yiipchick

frow.gif
hi everyone!
I'm so glad I found this thread! I see some familiar faces here which is great! I didn't realize so many others are hands-on hatchers
1f604.png

I actually had to help a chick last night- a wrong end pipper who was struggling but couldn't turn. Hopefully it will do ok.
fl.gif

It was pipped and stuck zipping during a power outage so between keeping my children occupied in the dark, keeping day old chicks warm by the fire and trying to keep 2 bators warm I nearly had a meltdown but we made it through. I'll find out if my eggs make it in a couple of days. They're on day 19 today!

I have more shipped eggs coming this week and I do like to candle often so I'll post pics :)
And I have a shipment of chicks arriving Tuesday or Wednesday
yippiechickie.gif
Man, glad you didn't go insane!!! lol Welcome to the thread!!!

They're on day 14. Just POd cause, finally, lots of eggs makin it with no problems... Plus the 2 baby pigeons are in there to keep them warm. I moved em when power started to flicker, hour later.....no frickin power.
Gosh forbid, this was like last year (1month no power) I would just put them under the 7 broodies! But c'mon, really, Mother Nature needs a pill!

They're on day 14. Just POd cause, finally, lots of eggs makin it with no problems... Plus the 2 baby pigeons are in there to keep them warm. I moved em when power started to flicker, hour later.....no frickin power.
Gosh forbid, this was like last year (1month no power) I would just put them under the 7 broodies! But c'mon, really, Mother Nature needs a pill!
Amen!

Yes!!! You should be able to! Just cause you want to share something on here doesn't mean you want to share it to youtube or vimeo.

Finally for the first time in over 24 hours, I got my bator balanced out and temps steady.  All 3 therms reading the same. Going by 3 now. 6 hours from day 4.

Glad it leveled out. What day are they due? I think my call eggs are due the same time (if any make it that far).

:frow hi everyone!
1f604.png

I actually had to help a chick last night- a wrong end pipper who was struggling but couldn't turn. Hopefully it will do ok. :fl

And I have a shipment of chicks arriving Tuesday or Wednesday :yiipchick

Oh wow, that's a lot going on. I lost power last month right after a hatch finished. I had no options, no hot water, no gas stove. I brought the chicks to bed with me and kept them on my stomach! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much! Good luck to you and all your babies!

Oh man. Something always happens when it's going good! I hope everyone is ok!

Glad it leveled out. What day are they due? I think my call eggs are due the same time (if any make it that far).
Oh wow, that's a lot going on. I lost power last month right after a hatch finished. I had no options, no hot water, no gas stove. I brought the chicks to bed with me and kept them on my stomach! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much! Good luck to you and all your babies!
Oh man. Something always happens when it's going good! I hope everyone is ok!
The 20th

Back
Top Bottom