Hands on hatching and help

Pictures of three of the Calls that I am definitely keeping:

:love great hatch, congrats!

Can't believe mine are 3 weeks old now

:frow howdy fellow WV'ian. And duck lover. Hope you will keep us posted. :fl
Mine did the same thing, and I thought cleaning it fixed it, but it only lasted for a few hours. I have a replacement fan on order. :/

Mine hasn't made any of the awful noises since hunny cleaned it out. Fingers crossed lol. I was worried I might need a new fan as well. Hopefully not. My temp and humidity seems to be holding. How could you tell the fan was out? Mine seems to be loud while running. Only recently though.

Happy Easter all! Finally got my last Calls out! I think, but I'm going to need to recount to be sure, that I have 17. That's out of 26 eggs that started to develop, so a 65% hatch rate. I'll take that on shipped Call eggs, especially it being my first time doing them. I wish I hadn't lost so many after lockdown, though.

The gosling is still internally pipped, no further action yet. I gave it a safety hole last night. It might hatch today. They're pretty slow hatchers too so I'm not concerned at this point.

Sorry about the ones you lost. Thats pretty good for calls though!
263a.png

Pictures of three of the Calls that I am definitely keeping:

Adorable! Hope mine develop!

:love great hatch, congrats!

Can't believe mine are 3 weeks old now

Aww ducks are one of my favorites! So cute!

Mine hasn't made any of the awful noises since hunny cleaned it out. Fingers crossed lol. I was worried I might need a new fan as well. Hopefully not. My temp and humidity seems to be holding. How could you tell the fan was out? Mine seems to be loud while running. Only recently though.
Sorry about the ones you lost. Thats pretty good for calls though!
263a.png

Adorable! Hope mine develop!
Aww ducks are one of my favorites! So cute!

My fan got really (extra really) loud and then would sound like it was revving too fast, then slow down, and rev up again. Hubby said they can do that when they are about to crap out. :/

My eggs seem to be doing fine. I am so glad. After getting them back inside and the temp and humidity stabalized. They have started to hatch.

My fan got really (extra really) loud and then would sound like it was revving too fast, then slow down, and rev up again. Hubby said they can do that when they are about to crap out. :/

My eggs seem to be doing fine. I am so glad. After getting them back inside and the temp and humidity stabalized. They have started to hatch.

Yes thats exactly what mine sounded like. In-between reving up it sounds loud. Like its working really hard. But since it was cleaned out the reving stopped. Glad your hatch is ok. Hope mine last till this hatch os over. This will be my last hatch so I would hate to purchase a fan for it..

So SWEET!!! :love How big do calls get?
WOW!! They grow fast!!! I love the black on the feet of number two!!

Not very! About a pound and a half, I believe.

My gosling is sloooowwwllllyyy starting to turn and zip. They take their sweet time sometimes so I might not see it out 'til morning.

**final update** chick lasted 3 days. Was really small compared to the other ones. Eyes were just little slits. Anyway we went to church and came back and was looking for it. I didn't see it. I went to disperse the chicks and it was flat on the bottom of the box. It was plenty warm in there and it's feathers were out ok, it was eating and drinking as I saw it myself. Just wasn't meant to be.
1f622.png
Here's a pic of it before it died. You can see how small it was compared to the others. It's in the back to the left

Back
Top Bottom