Hangin Tomato

Anytime! I love trying to drag people over to The Easy Garden.
lau.gif

Quote:
Funny! I need to get over there. I just signed up for SS the other day. If I can drag myself away from the chickens I may get there yet! I am not a green thumb kind of a gal.

I tried it with a gallon jug method. The only thing I found out is it dries out quickly. It was hard to keep the plant 'happy' with the watering situation. Therefore did not porduce for me. I did not have much luck. JMO I think it will be ideal for those wanting a plant or two. I'll keep mine in the ground. I am curious to know if anyone has really done it with success.

My Dad owns greenhouses and last year he did some of those up hoping to sell them. They do require alot more water but all hanging plants require more water than planted ones. The did produce alot of tomatoes, as much as ones planted in the ground? Not as much. The three main things with them is:
1) Hang on a rugged hanger (they get heavy when watered)
2) Keep up with the watering
3) Fertilize frequintly

We sometimes grow one or two plants that way, just for fun. It's strange how that technique is just now catching on. We found about it ages ago from an article in the Wooster, Ohio Daily Record

It's a good idea to hang your pot using long ropes so the pots have lots of room to move if you get lots of wind. We learned that hard way that if you don't, the plants will snap off in stiff wind.

Back
Top Bottom