Hanging waterers/feeders--best way?

QChickieMama

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 1, 2011
I have my coturnix and bobs in hardware cloth pens with aluminum roofing. I'm so tired of them wasting their food and soiling their water. I'd love to suspend their food and water, but I cannot attach to the ceiling. What would be the best way to hang the feeders/waterers? Looking for the voice of experience so I don't have to re-do it later. :)

Can you possibly add a pc. of wood on the celeing? If so, 2 small pulleys work great b/c you can adjust the height accordingly. Or possibly raise the feeders and waterer on blocks. I have the 4" PVC setup in my coop with the chicken nipples. Works like a charm, never any dirty water,never..

Can you possibly add a pc. of wood on the celeing? If so, 2 small pulleys work great b/c you can adjust the height accordingly. Or possibly raise the feeders and waterer on blocks. I have the 4" PVC setup in my coop with the chicken nipples. Works like a charm, never any dirty water,never..

where did you purchase the nipple waters and do you have it hooked to a hose or to a bucket? thanks

I bought the nipples off eBay. I have them threaded into 4"PVC All I do is take the cap off and fill it once a week. It holds almost 5 gal. Goggle DIY PVC poultry waters.

I bought Lowes 5 gal buckets and lids and put the nipples in them. To hang bucket/feeder could you put 3 - 2x2's and drill/bolt one end together to make a free standing t-pee stand?

I finished hanging the feeders and waterers today. Ended up putting a 1x3 across the ceiling of each pen. Screwed hooks in the 1x3, and hung chains with S hooks at end. Now I can change the height of each by hooking the chain higher or lower. Works and I didn't have to buy anything!

Back
Top Bottom