1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hanover County, VA

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LuvTheFarm, Aug 11, 2012.

1. LuvTheFarm

LuvTheFarm New Egg

Aug 5, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Looking for a local network of chicken loving friends in VA. Let me know if you are out there - I am on the border of Henrico and southern Hanover County.

2. fiveladybugs

fiveladybugs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm not in Hanover or Henrico, but am about an hour from there...just saying hi!

3. thrivinmama

thrivinmama New Egg

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm in Hanover County, to the north a bit.

4. karenduke

karenduke Just Hatched

Oct 4, 2013
    I'm in Mechanicsville - Cold Harbor/Old Church area.

5. LisaDouglas1964

LisaDouglas1964 New Egg

Aug 5, 2015
    Hi, my family is about to move to Rockville and we are looking into raising hens. Would love to hear from other families doing the same.

6. Hotwire199

Hotwire199 New Egg

Sep 27, 2015
    Moving to Western Hanover in November. Looking to start keeping hens and would love to connect with people who can mentor me.

7. LisaDouglas1964

LisaDouglas1964 New Egg

Aug 5, 2015
    Good morning! I'm a new resident too trying to meet up with others raising backyard poultry. I know there is a farm that offers classes on keeping hens (egg layers) and for processing their meat, but they don't have any classes scheduled in the near future for egg layers.

Here's there website. http://www.dunreathfarm.com/

8. DAinVA

DAinVA New Egg

Aug 16, 2011
    Hi LisaDouglas1964 -

I live in Goochland, just west of Rockville. If you you have any questions, you can find me on Facebook too at www.Facebook.com/TheChickenRentalPlace

Welcome to the area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by