Happily joining the chicken community in Sonoma county, California

meganrebecs

Hatching
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Santa Rosa
Hi everyone!

I'm very egg-cited to be a part of the chicken world!! I just set my 10 eggs in the incubator on Monday. 4 BCM's, 3 Americauna's and 3 Mille fleur d''uccles. Shipped eggs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is my first time hatching and owning chickens so I hope I'm not in over my head! Technically it's illegal to have chickens in the city I live in but I know lots of people who do..so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for understanding neighbours. Since I only plan on having 3 or 4 hens, I've decided to keep it on the low down and not mention it for now. The neighbours are all pretty cool...but you never know. I mostly operate under the adage that sometimes "it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission!" I figure if and when they realize that a few feathered friends have moved in, I will have already proven that they are not a nuisance and not smelly and they will all be okay with it......I hope. :) Keeping my fingers crossed on this also. Have almost finished my coop..built it using scrap wood salvaged from my boyfriend's house. Once i figure out how to post pictures I'll post in coop section.

Welcome and good luck!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom