Happiness is...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Christie Rhae, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Songster

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    A glass of wine enjoyed while sitting in front of the chicken run, with your little kids playing in the yard.
    Can it get better?

2. Hi! Sitting in the yard with birds running all around and everyone is fed and NO ONE expects anything from me for the rest of the evening --- that's the part of the day I look forward to. I'm usually to tired to 'appreciate' the time.
    [​IMG]
    Lia

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Crowing

Aug 12, 2009
    LoL, I was thinking wine and chicken chillin' too. Nice way to wind down a hectic day.Ditto on the *done for the day* caretaker role too. I am glad when meals are done,and I can just relax.

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Songster

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:A glass of wine, watching chickens, with your teenagers fending for themselves...? [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    omg!!!that is total happiness! i had an outside tea party with my 3 year old daughter....china teacups and all! And who joined us? 10 chickens!!!! it was pure happy days!! [​IMG]

6. JetBlack

JetBlack Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I like getting off work and looking in my front, left pocket, for my list and there's nothing on it I have to do today. I can go home and just... not.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Pulling into my driveway after a long drive home seeing the light on in the picture window-walking through the back door, seeing HER sitting in the chair with that big welcoming, loving smile on her face. For me it doesn't get any better than that.

8. JetBlack

JetBlack Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Quote:I wish I had a dog too.

[​IMG]

For me, when I was married, having dinner being prepared, when I walked in the door, made me feel very loved and happy.

9. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Songster

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Happiness is.........................Having the entire flock come running up to me whether I am walking out of the house, pulling up into the driveway, or digging in the garden. True bliss!![​IMG]

10. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Sharing good food with a good friend and both of you laughing till you cry.

Tea time with your best friend

Being on horseback with no particular place to go, just riding.

Puppy breath

Flowers for no reason

Really good dark chocolate with a nice red wine.

The fresh smell of rain.

A long and winding road and a full tank of gas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by