1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happiness is...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by angie3881, Nov 5, 2011.

1. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

Today, while feeding my flock in the coop, I realized that a metal scoop on a 20 some degree morning is not the best idea. By the time I was done scooping my hand was freezing!! Note to self: Must replace with plastic or put some gloves in the coop.

Then I went to the nesting boxes and found the warmest, freshly laid egg that felt sooooo good in my cold hand. It was bliss. [​IMG] I know some of you have probably experienced this feeling. I love finding warm eggs, but it was really special this morning!!

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I'll go check for one right now! Along the same lines, I realized last winter my plastic run rake wasn't going to do the trick when all the tines got brittle and snapped off. I have a metal one now.

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Awwww, warm eggs are great!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by