Happy adoption story

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Solsken Farm, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

We adopted 2 pyrenees through the help of Helmstead. We got them about 6 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are everything and more that I was hoping for! Totally gentle, giant lovebugs, and do NOT go after my tiny cocker spaniels, chickens, goats, horses, cats or children. The female Echo, sleeps on our porch on a giant bed, on in the barn. The male, Kei, is currently in a huge 10 x 20 kennel, until we can get our yard fence"Kei-ified" in the spring, as he runs away any chance he gets (which is a typical pyr trait)

We got instant LGDs. I am so happy and completely in love, so much so, that I think about putting a bed in the barn so I can snuggle with them at night. LOL

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Congratulations!!! They are beautiful. I had no idea this site would be so bad for my chicken AND dog addiction. Oh, and I would have a bed in the barn to snuggle for sure.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    LOrdy, the bigger one is the size of a small horse.

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:He weighs 130 pounds. Yep, almost as much as me and our mini horse. Luckily he is learning to walk on the lead, but I had a few brisk "rides" across the ice when we first got him. He is honestly the biggest lovebug I have ever had, they both are....[​IMG] They stole the show at the groomers, even if Kei went around marking the entire PETCO.[​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:He weighs 130 pounds. Yep, almost as much as me and our mini horse. Luckily he is learning to walk on the lead, but I had a few brisk "rides" across the ice when we first got him. He is honestly the biggest lovebug I have ever had, they both are....[​IMG] They stole the show at the groomers, even if Kei went around marking the entire PETCO.[​IMG]

My BIL has a 160pounds mastiff mix lazy as hell as long as he knows you. But once darkness sets in he is on guard duty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by