Happy adoption story

Solsken Farm

Songster
12 Years
We adopted 2 pyrenees through the help of Helmstead. We got them about 6 weeks ago.

keiandecho022.jpg

keiandecho017.jpg

keiandecho003.jpg

They are everything and more that I was hoping for! Totally gentle, giant lovebugs, and do NOT go after my tiny cocker spaniels, chickens, goats, horses, cats or children. The female Echo, sleeps on our porch on a giant bed, on in the barn. The male, Kei, is currently in a huge 10 x 20 kennel, until we can get our yard fence"Kei-ified" in the spring, as he runs away any chance he gets (which is a typical pyr trait)

We got instant LGDs. I am so happy and completely in love, so much so, that I think about putting a bed in the barn so I can snuggle with them at night. LOL

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! They are beautiful. I had no idea this site would be so bad for my chicken AND dog addiction. Oh, and I would have a bed in the barn to snuggle for sure.

Quote:
He weighs 130 pounds. Yep, almost as much as me and our mini horse. Luckily he is learning to walk on the lead, but I had a few brisk "rides" across the ice when we first got him. He is honestly the biggest lovebug I have ever had, they both are....
love.gif
They stole the show at the groomers, even if Kei went around marking the entire PETCO.
gig.gif

Quote:
He weighs 130 pounds. Yep, almost as much as me and our mini horse. Luckily he is learning to walk on the lead, but I had a few brisk "rides" across the ice when we first got him. He is honestly the biggest lovebug I have ever had, they both are....
love.gif
They stole the show at the groomers, even if Kei went around marking the entire PETCO.
gig.gif

My BIL has a 160pounds mastiff mix lazy as hell as long as he knows you. But once darkness sets in he is on guard duty.

Back
Top Bottom