Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
Right on time, exactly at 8 a.m.. Placed the eggs in the Little Giant Incubator 21 days ago at 8a.m.. Far out! Time to play the lottery.
51 eggs all hand turned average 4 times a day. Candled at day 15 and had 37 positive fertile eggs. We put hot tap water soaked washcloths rolled up in all 4 corners at lock down. Humidity gets around 75%. Had 6 peepers yesterday
View media item 7892879This morning minutes before the 8 O'clock strike, 2 zippers raced to be first place. Almost hatched at the same time. It was so close!
View media item 7892881Cheap cheap cheap! They are strong screamers!
View media item 7892882Had to take them out just after 9 because one was playing "Ring Around The Peepers" and the other thinks it's some kind of Soccer Star!
View media item 7892883Every Hatch Day I sing....
"Roxanne.. You have to put on the red light"!
Going to be a busy day again.
I will update this thread up to the final to share the hatch rate and success or un success.
HAPPY HATCH DAY!
TOO EVERYONE!
:wee

Last edited:
Moulted Java Chick hatched earlier. Camouflaged with the new pine shavings.
View media item 7892922 More still drying in the bator. Wyandotte's and a B Rock. And a hole lot of peppers and partial zips.
" Jeepers Creepers.. Where'd you get those Peepers"?
I love hatch day
.​

Never a dull moment. Nothing is always norm. Twenty hatched now happy and healthy exploring the brooder, checking out their new world with curiosity.
New experiences with us with the chick that wanted to be a turtle and now a Java splinted in isolation. 7 more are almost done unzipping and some late peepers are taking their time realizing it's not a race, but a gradual process.
Up at 6 am yesterday on day 21 hatch day, went to bed at almost 3 am this morning. Got up at 6:30 (slacking) and fed 25 goats, 4 Sows (1 with new offspring), the turkeys, oodles of chickens, refreshed H2O in 6 brooders, fed 2 dogs, 1 cat and now My time.
Trying not to fall asleep. Might have to rescue a couple chicks from their shells.
A day in a life of a Chicken Farmer!

Back
Top Bottom