Happy Hatching's hatch along thread šŸ£

I actually think there's a thread somewhere on here that discusses the breed standard for French BCMs as well. They need to be a certain shape from what I recall.

@Sc_chickengirl take your time updating us! It's a stressful time with your hatch as I have been catching up. Especially with the assists on the sebrights. As for the stickers, I like the rooster with the bunny on top of the egg carton? where the eggs are all eastery and one of them is painted?
ThankyoušŸ’— Its been a busy week and slightly stressful so I haven't been able to be on BYC much.

Hi y'all sorry I haven't been able to be on BYC the last few days but its been very busy and sort of stressful around here. We are dealing with some sickness right now and I have had several of my rabbits having babies so.....what have y'all been up to?
A few updates.
Much to my horror when I put the chicks out in the brooder they got to cold. Apparently someone tripped over the cord and didn't plug it back in. So we lost those 3 babies. :hit
I haven't candled the eggs that are supposed to hatch on Thursday yet but I may this evening or on Monday evening.
And I know this isn't chicken news...but updates on my Holland Lop babies. šŸ„°
Oreo and Indies litter arrived on 27th so they are now 2 weeks old and opening their eyes. These pictures are from a week ago. She only had 2 babies. One is black and I think the other ones is tri colored.
424952838_374057101932430_6331246565811912887_n.jpg

Noel's litter arrived on the 3rd and is now a week old. She had a beautiful litter of 6 and all are doing well! These pictures are also from a week ago shortly after they were born.
425027297_374057105265763_7756865928420178394_n.jpg

416368579_605223481789650_1461682510680368154_n.jpg

416402044_217804524744183_1837067775591053792_n.jpg

And a doe I bought about 3 weeks ago had her litter. She is a broken orange Holland Lop but was bred to a Plush Lop (a newer breed that people are working with) she had a litter of 5 last night but unfortunately she squashed 3 of them. šŸ˜¢ So she has 2 babies remaining and I hope she will take good care of them. She is a young first time mama so we'll see.
421253735_364948379509969_2328351765133117476_n.jpg

Also....
I've been having fertility problems with my Olive Eggers so I'm finally getting some good quality Black Copper Marans from a good breeder. 1 rooster and 2 hens that should be laying anytime. So I'm hoping that they will darken my OEs colors. I will be putting a few Easter Eggers and my lightest OE hens in with him.

Hi y'all sorry I haven't been able to be on BYC the last few days but its been very busy and sort of stressful around here. We are dealing with some sickness right now and I have had several of my rabbits having babies so.....what have y'all been up to?
A few updates.
Much to my horror when I put the chicks out in the brooder they got to cold. Apparently someone tripped over the cord and didn't plug it back in. So we lost those 3 babies. :hit
I haven't candled the eggs that are supposed to hatch on Thursday yet but I may this evening or on Monday evening.
And I know this isn't chicken news...but updates on my Holland Lop babies. šŸ„°
Oreo and Indies litter arrived on 27th so they are now 2 weeks old and opening their eyes. These pictures are from a week ago. She only had 2 babies. One is black and I think the other ones is tri colored.
View attachment 3745481
Noel's litter arrived on the 3rd and is now a week old. She had a beautiful litter of 6 and all are doing well! These pictures are also from a week ago shortly after they were born.
View attachment 3745484
View attachment 3745485
View attachment 3745486
And a doe I bought about 3 weeks ago had her litter. She is a broken orange Holland Lop but was bred to a Plush Lop (a newer breed that people are working with) she had a litter of 5 last night but unfortunately she squashed 3 of them. šŸ˜¢ So she has 2 babies remaining and I hope she will take good care of them. She is a young first time mama so we'll see.
View attachment 3745490
Also....
I've been having fertility problems with my Olive Eggers so I'm finally getting some good quality Black Copper Marans from a good breeder. 1 rooster and 2 hens that should be laying anytime. So I'm hoping that they will darken my OEs colors. I will be putting a few Easter Eggers and my lightest OE hens in with him.

Those look gorgeous! I don't know anything about Holland Lop conformation, but those look sooo cute! Hope everything goes well in the future! Is Lil Jewel OK, or is she one of the three that perished:(?

Those look gorgeous! I don't know anything about Holland Lop conformation, but those look sooo cute! Hope everything goes well in the future! Is Lil Jewel OK, or is she one of the three that perished:(?
She unfortunately didn't make it. I was very disappointed. šŸ˜¢

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully some of her siblings made it. I also hope that whatever sickness you've got going on in the family passes soon, and doesn't leave any long-lasting effects :hugs
Thankyou! Its nothing major just some flu but it does take a little to get over it.

Back
Top Bottom