Happy Outcomes

WayCon

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2020
I started breeding chicks last year for the first time Before that i always just bought point of lay chickens. I loved the experience last year so this year I added a few extra made up homes when my hens started being broody I have set 3 to hatching this year and am so happy that so far I have 22 additions in the past week and a bit (Stll 3 eggs under the last broody hen after she hatched out 8) . It is such a wonderful sight to watch each baby mamma teach her young chicks They are also teaching me a thing or 2 s I learn more each day. This is the first time i have tried to post a photo so I hope you can see how beautiful they are .. Im not sure any photo does them justice... and If anyone can tell me the breeds of the mamma hens I would appreciate it I know they are mixed

IMG_20200712_140757.jpg
IMG_20200712_140803.jpg
IMG_20200713_132043.jpg

The mama hens look like a Red Cochin and a columbian wyandotte but I need to see better pictures of their feet to be sure.
I will get better Pictures tomorrow I had tried not to disturb them too much :) The 2nd red one is still sitting Thank you for the reply

Back
Top Bottom