1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Smahin!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CoyoteMagic, Oct 31, 2010.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Not trying to start anything, just wanting to wish my like minded friend and those open to alternative paths a Happy Smahin.

We don't worship the dead, we celebrate their lives. We don't worship the "devil" it's not about a devil at all.

Samhain is a part of the circle of life. A beginning and end unto it's self. The beginning of the wheel is where we begin our lives, Our births. As we move around the circle we go through certain mile stones, our childhoods, our teenyear, early adulthood, the start of families, families are grown and moving on, growing older, succombing to death. Some of the circles spin fast that others. Some break and don't make it all the way to the end. Some just quit and get off the ride.

Samhain is the coming to the end of a cycle. The harvest is finished. Winter will soon becoming. It is a time for us to celebrate the lives that have passed on during the year. If they wish, their spirit is welcome to come join the celebrations. PLEASE. We aren't talking that we have characters frome the "Dawn of the Dead" mingling and drinking apple cider. We ask these spirits to come among us just like others invite god or another religious figure to join in their celerations. If God walked in your door with all his glory, ya'll would wet your pants and keel right over. The way he does come is easier for everybody to handle.

This is the beginning of putting things to rest before the start of the long winter. Just think of the fields as they are plowed under and left barren until the following spring. That is what Samhain is. In a few months, we will be Celebrating the Yule/Yuletide, which has been celebrated long before Christmas celebrations have been held. A few more months down the line and we will celebrate the fesivial of light and rebirth.

Samhain
    Samhain (pronounced Sow-ain) is considered by most Wiccans to be the most important of the four 'greater Sabbats'. It is generally observed on October 31 in the Northern Hemisphere, starting at sundown. Samhain is considered by some Wiccans as a time to celebrate the lives of those who have passed on, and it often involves paying respect to ancestors, family members, elders of the faith, friends, pets and other loved ones who have died. In some rituals the spirits of the departed are invited to attend the festivities. It is seen as a festival of darkness, which is balanced at the opposite point of the wheel by the spring festival of Beltane, which Wiccans celebrate as a festival of light and fertility

Please know that the verse in the bible, King James Bible, Ecclesiastes 3:1-10 To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: speaks of these things even if the words are different. ONE GOAL--MANY PATHS

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] And that sums up my thoughts.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Hallows Eve, Samhain, Feast of All Saints, Día de los Muertos and/or Sunday. [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Happy Harvest to you also. In my culture, this about the time we celebrate the last of the year's harvests and give thanks for the bounty.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I love to learn new things about other people's beliefs. To each his own, I say.
    And I will be celebrating the Sabbath, praying that everyone has a wonderful day.

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Okay then, I will be meditating on happiness and good health for us all.

What a nice potpourri we make!
    [​IMG]

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Thank you, Coyote, for sharing that with us. Happy Samhain to you as well [​IMG]

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:[​IMG] Exactly!!

Carpenters - What The World Needs Now Is Love lyrics

What the world needs now is love sweet love,
    It*s the only thing that there*s just too little of.
    no not just for some but for everyone.

Lord we don*t need another mountain,
    There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb,
    There are oceans and rivers enough to cross
    Enough to last until the end of time

it*s the only thing that theres just too little of,
    what the world needs now is love sweet love,
    no not just for some but for everyone

Lord, we dont need another meadow,
    there are corn fields and wheat fields enough to grow,
    there are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine,
    oh listen Lord, if you want to know

its the only thing that theres just too little of.
    what the world needs now is love sweet love,
    no not just for some, oh but just for every every everyone.

what the world (whoa whoa) needs now,
    is love (is love) sweet love
    what the world ( oh oh) needs now
    what the world (whoa whoa) needs now

8. ebwy2

ebwy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    calan gaeaf hapus! happy samhain

9. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    [​IMG] Blessed Be CoyoteMagic ...Great post

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    One goal many paths. Those who have gone before us still remain in many ways. From one approaching the Goal on my own path-Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by