* happy*

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
so my 3 week old ducklings (4 of them) went outside to their new home. we have a heat lamp in there for them , as the nights are still a bit cool here in ct.
kinda sad they arent in the kitchen but happy, the messy girls are not pooping everywhere!
their home is nice. i have to finish some more of their run, before i feel its safe enough for that just yet.
i didnt sleep well last night, worried about them. (last night was there first night). but i checked on them a couple of times, and they were doing well.
eating, sleeping, drinking and pooping oh my!
smile.png

just thought id share my happiness today!!!

wee.gif

34076_photo_on_2011-04-07_at_0816_3.jpg

here is where the ducks live, in the yellow coop. its actually a backward picture, it was taken from lap top computer. the yellow coop is actually on the right.. funny how pictures come out.

34076_photo_on_2011-04-07_at_0817_2.jpg

here is the girls inside the coop. i put there cage in there, so they would feel comfortable.

I would put some hardware cloth around the entire pen. I lost 5 adult mallards in one night to a mink who got into my garage and even though the ducks were in pens like yours, he killed them all.

Quote:
Mine have the heat lamp on 24 hours a day , even when they were inside. i think our ducks are about the same age. i recall when you got yours!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom