Hard boiled duck eggs

Nyssa03

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Eastern Washington State
Does anyone have the experience of feeding hard boiled eggs back to their ducks or geese. I have always thought that sounded a bit strange but right now I'm overrun with eggs -- don't want to just waste them and I know they are good protein. so --- any thoughts?

I say go for it, its good for them and they will love it. Just make sure to mash them up good so they don't recognize them as eggs or they might start eating them as soon as they lay them.

Actually I would always scramble them...it's so much easier than peeling fresh eggs! haha. Ducklings and ducks alike love them. It's a great way to use up excess eggs. I would also try posting eggs for sale on Craigslist....if you have duck eggs, some people are willing to pay over $5 a dozen because they are allergic to chicken eggs.

And actually, ducks rarely if ever egg eat, thankfully.
Now chickens of course are quite opposite...*one reason why I don't like chickens. I have even cracked raw eggs for adult ducks and they eat the shells and have never ever pecked a single one of their own eggs.
Of course, that is my own experience only. But duck eggs are usually so hard and strong-shelled, and a duck's rounded bill is so different than a sharp chicken's beak, I just don't think they could egg eat if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom