Hard Boiled eggs in WHAT?????

Yess! Eggs Goldenrod! That was the recipe! it's so much easier to look it up when you have a name :) It sounded interesting, and I wonder, is it the same as the creamed hard boiled eggs? It's in a cookbook from the 1930's that has no index :( So I guess I'd better start hunting or hit google . . . My aunt puts hard boiled in potato salad, and that's pretty good. I used to slice them up and put them on the Jimmy John's veggie sandwiches when I was in college. Added a bit of protein to my veggie sub, altho I guess it wasn't really vegetarian after that . . . .

My mom used to make egg goldenrod every Sunday for breakfast, it's one of my favorite memories growing up, funny how food memories last forever.

Eggs go in so many dishes....
  • Creamed Eggs - My all time favorite from my Grand-Mother's kitchen..... Brings back many fond memories every time I make it for my family (Yeah, I'm a Dad that can cook.....
    wink.png
    )
  • Potato Salad
  • Tuna salad
  • Ham salad

Crack a couple of eggs on a provolone cheese & ham pizza..........
droolin.gif

We ate at an Ethiopian restaurant months ago, my son's dish was a piece of chicken in a spicy sauce and there was one hb egg in it. Strange but tasty!

my fav new dish is eggs in purgatory. they aren't really hard boiled, but it reminds me of the hard boiled eggs in a thick sauce because they are poached in a spicy tomato sauce. And the ethiopian dish sounds similar to an egg curry I had at an indian restaurant that had a thick spicy gravey with sliced hard boiled eggs simmered in it.

Hard boiled egg diced into white beans (canned) with diced red pepper, finely sliced red onion (crush in your hand under cold running water) with dill, parsley, mint, salt crushed red pepper, olive oil and lemon juice: cover the top with sliced hard boiled eggs.

Spanish Garlic Potato salad with hard boiled eggs. Fairly smooth salad rather than lumpy, with hard boiled eggs, pimentoes, garlic, peas and olive oil added to mayo for flavor.

Salad nicoise: green beans steamed, with chopped boiled potato, fresh sliced tomato, tuna fish, hard boiled eggs. Half of dressing goes over all cooked veggies when hot and drained. Remainder goes over assembled salad. Dressing is red wine vinegar, olive oil, water, lots of garlic, lots of thyme, some licorice flavored spice like fennel (i never have the specific one it calls for, and dont care for much of that flavor), dijon mustard, soy sauce to taste (salt level)

Back
Top Bottom