Hard boiled eggs with Dark Spots?? What Are they?

The spots appear to be related to bacterial growth. Was there a period of time between laying and cooking that you know? I would not eat these eggs based on the bacterial cultures presented in the photos. It is possible the growth is not dangerous, but I wouldn't test it.

If you see in this thread after I originally took the pictures, That they had sat on my kitchen counter for about 2 weeks and were collected the same day that they were layed. When I cut into them and there was only water and unfortunately instead of taking another picture, I ate them. Fortunately for me there was no problems or ill affects. :) Another byc'er thought I had maybe froze the eggs prior to putting in the refrigerator which may have happened, though now I can't quite remember that far back! I just wondered if anybody has ever ran into the same thing. For the future I could probably choose not to Eat them.

Thanks for your feed back!

I am having the same on my eggs. Only black spots on the steamed eggs. If you crack them raw, never see any thing. We eat them, seem to be okay, taste good. Just not pretty

Back
Top Bottom