Hard bottom, not egg bound

Thank you, I'll make sure she's fed, hydrated, and happy. She's sleeping in the nesting box tonight which she never did before, but we'll let her do whatever she wants to be comfortable

Just wanted to let you know that although she fought until the very end, she passed away yesterday.

We ended up finding a mobile livestock vet and got her an x-ray, he said she had at least 3, maybe up to 5 eggs in her, but some mass was preventing those to come out.

I didn't think it was an egg bound since nothing I did (giving her more calcium and Epsom salt etc) helped, and I read that egg bound chicken dies in about 48 hours, she was fighting this symptoms for over a month. He tried the egg removal with muscle relaxers but it didn't work because of that mass, he want able to even touch those eggs.

We ended up bringing her back home, let her sun bathe and kept her fed and hydrated, with occasional walk in my arm at the end since she couldn't move, then passed away.

Thank you so much for your advice, I think she was able to enjoy her life as long as she did because of your help, and we enjoyed every extra moment we got with her.

I know you tried to do everything you could. Even if we had X-ray vision, we couldn't have helped her with all those eggs backed up. I'm sorry. It's sad to lose her.

Back
Top Bottom