Hard wire kennel

Thats the coop So a very large raccoon the size of a baby bear ate all 22 of my chickens while i was away i have ONE left. So i think i need to hard wire my coop to secure it better. Any tips on how i can secure the hard wire on my kennel heres a picture PLEASE HELP
I looked at the pictures but it's hard to tell as it looks to me like a lot of fenced pens put together. Was the coop in the middle?

We will all recommend you use 1/2" hardware cloth for starters. You can find rolls of that in most hardware places but we found the best deal for 3' wide and 100' long on Amazon. Can you just take a picture of the coop and post it here so we could help you figure out how to remodel that or put this hardware cloth up to protect your chickens?

Oh my god! Please, please, please never use chicken wire for a run. Use 1/2 in hardware cloth as it is a lot more safe (though it may cost more). This is one of the best ways to keep a run predator proof, and if they free run, you might have to keep them in a coop. For now, the chicken will be mourning, so make sure to spend lots of time with it to keep it from getting depressed. Also, to attach the wire, use zip ties.

I looked at the pictures but it's hard to tell as it looks to me like a lot of fenced pens put together. Was the coop in the middle?

We will all recommend you use 1/2" hardware cloth for starters. You can find rolls of that in most hardware places but we found the best deal for 3' wide and 100' long on Amazon. Can you just take a picture of the coop and post it here so we could help you figure out how to remodel that or put this hardware cloth up to protect your chickens?

Attachments

• IMG_7421.jpeg
    IMG_7421.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
I got that pen at first myself. The wire isn't strong (very thin plastic coated wire) the poles bend easily, and definitely won't hold up to weather or heavy predators. I used it as I was rushed into taking 7 adult chickens. I totally agree, you need something stronger, especially with coons around. I don't have that issue, but the weather tore mine apart, so I had to redo it.

Back
Top Bottom