Hardware cloth

Thanks so much! Need to add Fender Washers to my supplies list. I image screws/washers would also be a lot easier to work with than standing upside down to pound in those god-awful fencing staples!

I guess it would be okay to install the apron with screws/fender washers to hold it in place, then wrap the run in the HWC (using fender washers/Screws,) then after the HWC completely is covering the run top AND bottom, then cover the frame with 1x2s and attach with fender washers & longer screws

Thanks so much! Need to add Fender Washers to my supplies list. I image screws/washers would also be a lot easier to work with than standing upside down to pound in those god-awful fencing staples!

I guess it would be okay to install the apron with screws/fender washers to hold it in place, then wrap the run in the HWC (using fender washers/Screws,) then after the HWC completely is covering the run top AND bottom, then cover the frame with 1x2s and attach with fender washers & longer screws
No need to use fender washers when installing the 1x2's. The longer screws will be sufficient. And yes, much easier than those fencing staples, lol

I feel safest with a double layer.

So, layer of hardware cloth and a layer of a stouter wire, something that would stop a dog.

Adding more wood supports also helps strengthen the hardware cloth... or any fence.

If any predator can grab the fence with its teeth.. then the fence is easier to break. So, a nice taught fence, is always safer.

I feel safest with a double layer.

So, layer of hardware cloth and a layer of a stouter wire, something that would stop a dog.

Adding more wood supports also helps strengthen the hardware cloth... or any fence.

If any predator can grab the fence with its teeth.. then the fence is easier to break. So, a nice taught fence, is always safer.
I’m currently using one layer of 1/2 inch hardware cloth. I haven’t had any predator issues, but I still feel uneasy; I know a large predator, like a dog, could get through it. I originally planned on adding a 3 feet layer of heavy gauge wire, but I never got to it, I guess I got complacent. Basically, I think it’s a good idea to have something that can stop both large and small predators.

I’m currently using one layer of 1/2 inch hardware cloth. I haven’t had any predator issues, but I still feel uneasy; I know a large predator, like a dog, could get through it. I originally planned on adding a 3 feet layer of heavy gauge wire, but I never got to it, I guess I got complacent. Basically, I think it’s a good idea to have something that can stop both large and small predators.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom