Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!šŸ¦ƒ
I just ordered the Nurture Right 360 incubator and Iā€™m expecting it to arrive on Monday. I recall when I was on the spring hatch a longs that it seemed to be everyoneā€™s favorite. šŸ˜Š
In the meantime I have 11 Olive egger/silkie cross eggs in my Brinsea Maxi II, photo below. This ended up being unintentionally a staggered hatch and that is why I bought the NR 360 so I would have an additional incubator as a hatcher. Planning to transfer the eggs as they each reach day 18/19 to the NR36O.
Has anyone else done anything like this with this incubator? I will take the turner out, as I will not need it for this function. Any advice on settings or any other tips?
The first of my eggs are at day 13 today, the ā€œyoungestā€ are at day 1.
Thanks for any advice!šŸ„°
14FAC32B-A792-4B49-A12F-C050745FF5E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!šŸ¦ƒ
I just ordered the Nurture Right 360 incubator and Iā€™m expecting it to arrive on Monday. I recall when I was on the spring hatch a longs that it seemed to be everyoneā€™s favorite. šŸ˜Š
In the meantime I have 11 Olive egger/silkie cross eggs in my Brinsea Maxi II, photo below. This ended up being unintentionally a staggered hatch and that is why I bought the NR 360 so I would have an additional incubator as a hatcher. Planning to transfer the eggs as they each reach day 18/19 to the NR36O.
Has anyone else done anything like this with this incubator? I will take the turner out, as I will not need it for this function. Any advice on settings or any other tips?
The first of my eggs are at day 13 today, the ā€œyoungestā€ are at day 1.
Thanks for any advice!šŸ„°
View attachment 2425801

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! That would be awesome if you end up with a Silkie that lays olive eggs!
As far as switching eggs around for lockdown, I do it all the time! I would make sure to run the incubator for at least 24 hours to make sure you have the temp and humidity stabilized (though it really doesn't take very long in the NR360, this is just a precaution.)

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! That would be awesome if you end up with a Silkie that lays olive eggs!
As far as switching eggs around for lockdown, I do it all the time! I would make sure to run the incubator for at least 24 hours to make sure you have the temp and humidity stabilized (though it really doesn't take very long in the NR360, this is just a precaution.)
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it! šŸ„° I am so excited to see how the chicks turn out. Mom is black BCM/ ameraucana and dad is gorgeous white silkie. šŸ˜Š

Day 18!!

Still four eggs running strong in the first incubator. The second is on day 8, and has what appears to be 7 viable of 15. Only one of which is from my Ameraucana girl. Surprisingly enough my Ayam Cemani pullet/hen is kicking out much stronger eggs than my somewhat older Ameraucana. I wouldn't have expected that.
How are your pullet eggs coming along? I placed eggs from 2 of my new layers in the incubator and they did nothing. šŸ™‚

How are your pullet eggs coming along? I placed eggs from 2 of my new layers in the incubator and they did nothing. šŸ™‚
All the eggs i have running right now are pullet eggs. I have the dates of their first lay written down...but not here. It can't be over a month though. I'm just glad I have at least one of each breed's eggs looking to hatch in a few days!

With my luck they'll all be boys lol.

So the incubator arrived today! Got to love Amazon. Two days early. Gives me time to futz with it today. Lock down for the 1st set of eggs is Tuesday. So far set up is very simple and itā€™s very similar to the Brinsea.
I did not place the turner in, as I will be using it as a hatcher this time around. Testing temperature and humidity with my calibrated hygrometer and thermometer and the humidity is running accurately with the factory settings. It is running dry right now. Once it stabilizes, I will add water to the channels to see what it does. So far I am already impressed with it!šŸ˜Š
B05D946E-6750-4E0F-BDCE-F1626B70BEC5.jpeg
D721935A-ADC8-4615-AB08-A76A9726D222.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick question:
So now after sitting with this incubator most of the day, it is holding humidity nicely. Temp seems to be running about a half degree low around 98.8. I was able to adjust the temp up to 100, but as others have noted, no options for less then 0.5 degree change.
Any of you have problems at lock down with 98.8 degrees or should I go ahead and let it ride at 100 on the gauge? Which actually is more likely around 99.6.
Any input would be appreciated!ā˜ŗ

Quick question:
So now after sitting with this incubator most of the day, it is holding humidity nicely. Temp seems to be running about a half degree low around 98.8. I was able to adjust the temp up to 100, but as others have noted, no options for less then 0.5 degree change.
Any of you have problems at lock down with 98.8 degrees or should I go ahead and let it ride at 100 on the gauge? Which actually is more likely around 99.6.
Any input would be appreciated!ā˜ŗ

98.8 or 99.6 should be sufficient for lockdown. 99.5 is optimal so I would go for 99.6. Was your secondary thermometer calibrated? I only ask because NR360s are typically spot on in my experience. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time.

98.8 or 99.6 should be sufficient for lockdown. 99.5 is optimal so I would go for 99.6. Was your secondary thermometer calibrated? I only ask because NR360s are typically spot on in my experience. Not 100% of the time, but most of the time.
Thanks for your reply!
Yes on the thermometer, but it was some time ago!šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom