Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

First pips! The olive and the banty behind it! Already have peeping from under the broody!
20220415_173327.jpg

And cat protection device deployed! 😆
20220415_173430.jpg

Ok tried to follow directions to check humidity levels for my hygrometers. Did I do it wrong? Been a bit over 8 hrs. One reads 59, one 60 and the govee 64.2. Did I mess up or are they that far off?

I did 1 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp water poured off extra water. But is my container too big?

When I had them in the incubator with it running they were all within 1 of the incubator and each other.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_070441280.jpg
    IMG_20220418_070441280.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 4
Looks like too much water to me, but that "should" cause it to read higher, not lower. When I tested my hygrometers, I used only a plastic bottle-cap to hold the salt slurry. The other thing that might be a problem is the meters have openings that are used to sample the air. Be sure that the openings are not obstructed with the plastic bag. My guess would be that the hygrometers are getting good air flow.

Ok tried to follow directions to check humidity levels for my hygrometers. Did I do it wrong? Been a bit over 8 hrs. One reads 59, one 60 and the govee 64.2. Did I mess up or are they that far off?

I did 1 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp water poured off extra water. But is my container too big?

When I had them in the incubator with it running they were all within 1 of the incubator and each other.
Is the plastic on top of cup keeping the slurry from infiltrating the bag?
If so, you may be better off with a smaller slurry container.

Looks like too much water to me, but that "should" cause it to read higher, not lower. When I tested my hygrometers, I used only a plastic bottle-cap to hold the salt slurry. The other thing that might be a problem is the meters have openings that are used to sample the air. Be sure that the openings are not obstructed with the plastic bag. My guess would be that the hygrometers are getting good air flow.
Like a soda bottle cap or is that too small?

Back
Top Bottom