Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I would just put the little one under her now since her chicks are hatching.
the only reason I didn't tonight is it is cooler out and she was still damp so worried that the walk to the coop would chill her. If she was dry I wouldn't have worried as much. Since one has hatched and think the other one will sometime overnight or tomorrow (I didn't see any external pips but didn't examine it but could hear it peeping so guessing internal but not external as of tonight) do you think if I do it in the am it would be fine. She was ok with me looking tonight and putting the baby back under her. I had a flashlight in there so while it was on the dark side it wasn't super dark.

Congratulations! ❤️

I have one baby out now too!
View attachment 3100229
so cute!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine the destruction that one is causing! little S5 has nothing else to bump into besides its own egg shell and the thermometers. It has knocked over both thermometers and been ALL over the incubator! LOL

She is so funny if she is awake and I go peek in she comes running (with her HUGE feet!) up to the front of the incubator to look at me! I can't wait until she is fluffy and dry tomorrow and I can hold her!!!!!!!

the only reason I didn't tonight is it is cooler out and she was still damp so worried that the walk to the coop would chill her. If she was dry I wouldn't have worried as much. Since one has hatched and think the other one will sometime overnight or tomorrow (I didn't see any external pips but didn't examine it but could hear it peeping so guessing internal but not external as of tonight) do you think if I do it in the am it would be fine. She was ok with me looking tonight and putting the baby back under her. I had a flashlight in there so while it was on the dark side it wasn't super dark.

You could hold her in something warm if you're worried about the walk out there but your hen will warm her right up. Every hen is different so I can't say how your hen will react.

CluckNDoodle

Your cleaning video is great! No overlong shots of your countertop like some people do :p
I'm thinking we should DIY some kind of plug for the turner motor to make it easier to avoid water entry.

Best wishes for everyone still hatching tonight!

Lol, thank you! I tried to edit out the unnecessary bits but I did get kind of chatty. :gig

I know, the idea of me being chatty is probably shocking to everyone. 😆

Last edited:
Ok other egg under Ditzy still hasn't externally pipped but I could hear it chirping still. I brought it in to the incubator in case I need to help. Long story short Ditzy got off her box at 6 and back on the wrong box. So trying to figure that out. But till then I wanted to be sure chick in egg was safe.

Do I do a safety hole? I am not sure when it internally pipped. I know I heard it almost 12 hrs ago but could have been longer. I let humidity drop some in the incubator guessing I need to bring it back up but I still have other chick in there. Should I put both under Ditzy and hope for the best. If she follows pattern she shouldn't get up again till about 2-2pm and it is 7 am. I am going to put food and water in there which may keep her closer?

Back
Top Bottom