Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Today is day 20 of our first ever hatch, and I’m a nervous wreck haha. 14 looked good going into lockdown and one was sus, but I left it just in case. Humidity is holding at 69. Just waiting to hear those internal pips!
What is 'sus' ?
Today is only day 10 for mine, so long way to go here, like watching grass grow lol
Wishing you the best of luck with your hatch. 🙂

What is 'sus' ?
Today is only day 10 for mine, so long way to go here, like watching grass grow lol
Wishing you the best of luck with your hatch. 🙂
It was an olive egg, and really hard to see inside, but didn’t look nearly as developed as the others. Maybe an early quitter? But maybe just hard to see.

Good luck, it goes fast!

Hopefully I’m back with positive updates in the next few days.

Edit: sus = suspicious, as my kids say.

Update: Super impressed with the 360! I’m a first time incubator, and I only had to make one minor temp adjustment out of the box and it was good to go.

Started with 21 eggs, six unfertilized, one early quitter, and one pipped much later, and struggled for 36 hours. I assisted, partially to try to help, but also to try to learn more, not expecting it to survive. It came out with its yolk partially unabsorbed, I did the half shell/cup method for 12 hours with no improvement so I culled it. I guess that was 13/15 success rate? I’m happy with that.

All in all, it’s a great little incubator, and I’ll tuck it away for now until the pond and duck coop are ready.

Update: Super impressed with the 360! I’m a first time incubator, and I only had to make one minor temp adjustment out of the box and it was good to go.

Started with 21 eggs, six unfertilized, one early quitter, and one pipped much later, and struggled for 36 hours. I assisted, partially to try to help, but also to try to learn more, not expecting it to survive. It came out with its yolk partially unabsorbed, I did the half shell/cup method for 12 hours with no improvement so I culled it. I guess that was 13/15 success rate? I’m happy with that.

All in all, it’s a great little incubator, and I’ll tuck it away for now until the pond and duck coop are ready.
Pictures of the babies?

Pictures of the babies?
How could I forget!?

Not much time for fun photos, we had a cold snap and power outage, so I was rigging up the generator, and heating pads to keep the babies going. They all did great!

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2920.jpeg
    IMG_2920.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2925.jpeg
    IMG_2925.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 4
Day 23... No pips since day 20.
Should I shut it down, wait, try to candle and look for internal pip? Not seeing any movement at all.
View attachment 3790168
Oh and... When I do shut it down I want to crack them open to see what happened.
8 out of 22 is not a good hatch rate.
Recap... All BCM eggs from 3 hens.
Set from
Joannie, 8 eggs, 4 hatched, 1 quit during zipping.
Betty, 7 eggs, 3 hatched
Angel, 7 eggs, 1 hatched (pic above)
Had a hard time candling the darker eggs so I just left them all in.
I thought the weight loss was on track... But I'm new to this.

Any suggestions to what to look for?

Back
Top Bottom