Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
So far every time I've used the incubator I've filled it with 22. I can't seem to resist, lol. My last hatch only 4 eggs were infertile and no quitters so I hatched 18 chicks in there. I agree it seems cramped and I did end up opening the incubator quickly to remove most of the chicks while the last two were struggling a bit but with my experience all but the last two hatched like popcorn so they were only in there long enough to dry off. I have 2 incubators full right now, for a total of 44 eggs and I'll be checking fertility again tonight but when I checked early I felt like I had at least a few infertile eggs again. I'm sure I'll eventually have a full 22 fertilized eggs incubating. I think it will be ok, just a full house for a bit, lol. We'll see what happens! :jumpy
You're outta control, slow your roll!!!

Okay, so I just purchased this incubator about 3 weeks ago. I already own a Brinsea Mini Advance II but I wanted something larger and more economical, but that was designed in a similar way. The humidity has been sketchy throughout this first round of incubation. It would be 53% when I went to bed, and I'd wake up with it at 44%. Now that I'm in lock down, I can't get the humidity above 66%. I've followed the instructions to a T, filling both reservoirs and opening the vent halfway. Any suggestions? THANK YOU!

Okay, so I just purchased this incubator about 3 weeks ago. I already own a Brinsea Mini Advance II but I wanted something larger and more economical, but that was designed in a similar way. The humidity has been sketchy throughout this first round of incubation. It would be 53% when I went to bed, and I'd wake up with it at 44%. Now that I'm in lock down, I can't get the humidity above 66%. I've followed the instructions to a T, filling both reservoirs and opening the vent halfway. Any suggestions? THANK YOU!

Microwave your water and add just a few drops at a time until you see that humidity is where you want it. You don't want it so hot that it spikes the temperature but warming the water and not leaving all of the work to the heating element to catch up with the larger volume of water helps.
I haven't had any issues with my humidity but someone else mentioned it in the thread as well. I don't know what I'm doing differently though...:confused: Maybe I'm just adding more water to begin with so it takes longer to evaporate? I have my vents wide open too.

Ive got baby ducks in one in lockdown right now. :jumpyI filled both troughs and opened the vent halfway, but the humidity dropped, so I closed the vent back to 1/3rd and its holding steady at 73%.
I talked to a rep for this incubator and he recommended using distilled water in it and not regular water. At night or before I went to work, Id top it off a little because before I did this, Id find the humidity dropped down to as much as 17%! :eek:
Since Ive finally figured out the "sweet" spot for humidity, I dont touch it. One us piping now, so I'll see how well this incubator does for its first hatch. :yesss: :jumpy

Ive got baby ducks in one in lockdown right now. :jumpyI filled both troughs and opened the vent halfway, but the humidity dropped, so I closed the vent back to 1/3rd and its holding steady at 73%.
I talked to a rep for this incubator and he recommended using distilled water in it and not regular water. At night or before I went to work, Id top it off a little because before I did this, Id find the humidity dropped down to as much as 17%! :eek:
Since Ive finally figured out the "sweet" spot for humidity, I dont touch it. One us piping now, so I'll see how well this incubator does for its first hatch. :yesss: :jumpy

Good luck! I hope you have a great hatch!! :jumpy Keep us updated!
I use distilled water! Could something so simple be the reason I'm not having any humidity issues??? Mine still drops but nothing like I've seen others mention. I fill it morning and evening now and that's it. It's never dropped more than 15% in all the time I've been using it and I'm on my 3rd hatch on my first incubator and 1st hatch on my new incubator now, lol, because I'm addicted. :lau

Back
Top Bottom