Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Yeah I believe the issue with the early model was the gaps in the grate over the fan were too big and chicks could reach the fan. They’ve since fixed this. Other tips for general use, you kind of have to get used to putting the lid back on, you have to make sure that it’s in the grooves all the way. I think that’s the biggest thing most of us worry about.

From earlier this year...
20200518_105025.jpg

B I believe is only on the earliest models.

20200518_153819.jpg
And this is the newest model.

I have one like A and one of the newer ones.
No issues with either.

And very much agree with @Willow2253 - practice closing the thing. Feel around the edges with your fingertips. If you notice your temperature is correct but your humidity is inexplicably low, it's slightly ajar. It can be hard to tell sometimes.

When you take out eggs to candle before lockdown, take out the turner too. With fatter eggs, you're not going to be able to lift it with them in it. Even with smaller eggs, I'd rather not risk bumping them around.

Well...there were no cold packs.

These eggs are a MESS. Filthy dirty. Busted air cells. One is cloudy red/brown with blood. One is cracked and leaking.

Altogether I just don't know whether I should even try to set them. I guess I can try to rig up something so they can turn in a circle upright (with the other eggs in the video) and not spin, as @SnapdragonQ did.

I feel bad, he sent me these just to hatch. Here's a video I made for him. What do you all think?

My luck here is NOT improving!

Though I will say...my Ayam Cemani/Cornish X eggs look pretty good :).

About the only thing I can offer on those eggs is the experience of seeing the saddled and weird air cells become more normal over the course of 15 days, just like Andrea said they would. But none of mine were fully detached.

One thing I started doing with this hatch, is smelling any eggs I had doubts on. When I had them out for candle I would take a sniff. This along with a weird looking egg helped me catch a bad one before it got close to the exploding stage.

On the 2 spinners I started...
One (the Biele egg) ended up being clear and never even started any development whatsoever and was a wasted effort. The other was my from flock-
I twisted it for 5 days, then tipped back and forth for 2 days, then set them both on their sides because I realized the Biele egg was a dud. Now, as of just an hour ago, if I had not given all my eggs a number code at the beginning (or somehow marked that egg) I would not know which egg it was. Granted, it hasn't hatched, but at this point it looks normal.

I was planning to stop my turner today, day 16, but after getting my Govee in there on 7-2 I'm seeing that it's having regular lows and highs that I don't like relative to going around the circle. But I haven't yet figured out where the spots are on the circle so I don't want to leave a Biele egg in a cold spot since there are 5 days to go.
I was also considering leaving the turner in as a soccer buffer, but again with the cold spots that makes me nervous.

I don't understand why anyone would ship eggs in summer temps.
Is it common to do so?

I don't know. I'm getting another 12 eggs tomorrow from Deer Run Farms. I've only ever seen one negative post regarding them. I had asked her about late season hatching and she said it's her and many of her customers favorite because come spring everyone is grown and laying.

I'm pretty disappointed with these, and it's going to suck sending him the video.

About the only thing I can offer on those eggs is the experience of seeing the saddled and weird air cells become more normal over the course of 15 days, just like Andrea said they would. But none of mine were fully detached.

One thing I started doing with this hatch, is smelling any eggs I had doubts on. When I had them out for candle I would take a sniff. This along with a weird looking egg helped me catch a bad one before it got close to the exploding stage.

On the 2 spinners I started...
One (the Biele egg) ended up being clear and never even started any development whatsoever and was a wasted effort. The other was my from flock-
I twisted it for 5 days, then tipped back and forth for 2 days, then set them both on their sides because I realized the Biele egg was a dud. Now, as of just an hour ago, if I had not given all my eggs a number code at the beginning (or somehow marked that egg) I would not know which egg it was. Granted, it hasn't hatched, but at this point it looks normal.

I was planning to stop my turner today, day 16, but after getting my Govee in there on 7-2 I'm seeing that it's having regular lows and highs that I don't like relative to going around the circle. But I haven't yet figured out where the spots are on the circle so I don't want to leave a Biele egg in a cold spot since there are 5 days to go.
I was also considering leaving the turner in as a soccer buffer, but again with the cold spots that makes me nervous.
I don't think the up and down swings are cold or hot spots. I set my alarm on a very narrow window and the ups and downs don't correlate to any given position. I think it's the natural under/over of a thermostatically controlled system. I also think the digital display is purposely dumbed down because otherwise people would go insane lol.

I'm very curious what an actual 'egg' size/mass therm would read as it went around the ring.

I don't know. I'm getting another 12 eggs tomorrow from Deer Run Farms. I've only ever seen one negative post regarding them. I had asked her about late season hatching and she said it's her and many of her customers favorite because come spring everyone is grown and laying.

I'm pretty disappointed with these, and it's going to suck sending him the video.
Late season usually means fall.
I'd ask her about temps during shipping.

Back
Top Bottom