Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Ive bern hatching since January! I need to stop because Im running out of room. Of course, Im not really using my backyard right now....:jumpy

Nice! :highfive: You MIGHT have it worse than me! Lol! :lau
I mean, who wants to mow the lawn when you can just cut feed bills and let chickens free range to keep it short instead! :wee

I was wondering the best way to clean this incubator. The bottom should be no problem, but how to clean the top? The surfaces you can wipe down, but should I take it apart to clean under the fan cover? I see stuff on the fan so Im not sure if I should attempt to take it apart to clean it ot not or just use one if those cans with air in them to blow off the fuzz? Dont want to mess it up and damage it somehow.

I was wondering the best way to clean this incubator. The bottom should be no problem, but how to clean the top? The surfaces you can wipe down, but should I take it apart to clean under the fan cover? I see stuff on the fan so Im not sure if I should attempt to take it apart to clean it ot not or just use one if those cans with air in them to blow off the fuzz? Dont want to mess it up and damage it somehow.

Hmm, that's a very good question. I was really careful not to flip the lid over because of the instructions and I didn't see anything excessive in there and wiped all of the exposed surfaces. I know that it does come apart but I would think that would be a lot of work to clean it every time. I'm on my 3rd hatch with the incubator and I don't see much, if any fuzz that remained up there though. It might sound silly, but is it something you could vacuum out? lol

Hmm, that's a very good question. I was really careful not to flip the lid over because of the instructions and I didn't see anything excessive in there and wiped all of the exposed surfaces. I know that it does come apart but I would think that would be a lot of work to clean it every time. I'm on my 3rd hatch with the incubator and I don't see much, if any fuzz that remained up there though. It might sound silly, but is it something you could vacuum out? lol
I thought about that. Im going to do that and see how it works. Im not going to take it apart just because Im afraid I'll damage something. I just wiped the surfaces off with a mild bleach solution and propped it up face down to dry. Just wanted to make sure I was cleaning it right.

I completely forgot to post my results! I only had 10 out of 22 hatch but that's because my 1 hens eggs just kept dying while my others hens all hatched successfully. So I'm going to say it was an issue with Coco not so much the incubator. We even went through 2 different power outages as well both lasted over 3 hours. The last one right during then hatching but thankfully my hens had gone broody. All 10 are happy and healthy in their new homes
20190401_173218.jpg

I completely forgot to post my results! I only had 10 out of 22 hatch but that's because my 1 hens eggs just kept dying while my others hens all hatched successfully. So I'm going to say it was an issue with Coco not so much the incubator. We even went through 2 different power outages as well both lasted over 3 hours. The last one right during then hatching but thankfully my hens had gone broody. All 10 are happy and healthy in their new homesView attachment 1748893

They're soooo sweet!!! I'm sitting in front of my incubators right now hatching Silkies! Oddly enough I purchased eggs from 3 different people and NONE of the eggs from one of the sources were any good. I only set 8 of those eggs, 5 were infertile and 3 quit really early. I wonder what causes that? I have 17 eggs from the other 2 sources that made it perfectly to lockdown and are hatching now so I don't think the incubators pinpointed her eggs and made them bad, lol.

Picture of my surprise Showgirl that hatched this morning!
4-23-19 First Silkie Hatching is actually a Showgirl!.jpg
DSC_0003.JPG

Good morning my fellow chicken addicts! I felt I should go ahead and calculate some actual percentages for my hatch rates now that I have used my version 2 incubator three times and my version 3 incubator once. For some reason, I don't see a way to edit my original post but my actual rates were as follows:

1st hatch: 80% (started with 22, 8 infertile, 3 quitters, 11 live chicks) Version 2 incubator
2nd hatch: 100% (started with 22, 4 infertile, No quitters, 18 live chicks) Version 2 incubator
3rd hatch: 82% (started with 44, 11 infertile, 6 quitters, 27 live chicks) Version 2 & 3 incubators

I'm going to hatch one more time this year for a friend but other than that I will be tucking the incubators away until next season. I'll come back and let everyone know how it holds up after storage if I can remember to! Honestly though, my initial opinion remains that this has been a great incubator and phenomenal learning tool for viewing purposes! Happy hatching!!

4-25-19 (57).JPG
4-25-19 (69).JPG
4-25-19 White Silkie from Debbie Hatching.jpg

Last edited:
1st hatch: 80% (started with 22, 8 infertile, 3 quitters) Version 2 incubator
2nd hatch: 100% (started with 22, 4 infertile, No quitters) Version 2 incubator
3rd hatch: 82% (started with 44, 11 infertile, 6 quitters) Version 2 & 3 incubators
Number of live chicks missing?
Are you calculating percentage by live chicks vs eggs at lockdown?

How do you know which version it is? Is it on the box? I know, stupid question.:oops:

Lol! NOT a stupid question! It's on your instruction pamphlet in tiny type it will say what version you have. Other than that you can identify the version by how it looks. The manufacturer assured me the only thing that changed between version 2 & 3 is the look of the external water reservoir and the plug. Mine happened to be missing the fancy new looking plug :rolleyes:and they sent me a replacement that matched the old models but maybe one day I'll have a nice square plug for the square holes like shown in this image. :D
ab73a235-7f40-4712-bc6b-8489403eabd8-image.png

Back
Top Bottom