Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Studied the eggs not turning situation. Yes the eggs are large, however they do sit onto the turn table. They maybe touching the turning rails. The large end of the eggs need to be positioned to the large end of the egg turner rails. Still didn't cure the problem. Now I removed the turn table and sprayed a rubber spray coating onto the table. Will allow several days to fully cure and loose all smell if any. Then I will put the table back in and see if it works. Reason": table seamed to be very smooth. Maybe the eggs were just slipping on the table so the rubberized coating may help the heavier eggs turn rather than slide. Will post back when I see if it works.

Here is problem with the Nature Right 360. Not sure if the awkward two hands need for removing the top has been mentioned so I have included it. The other is IF you are trying to hatch Turkeys and Ducks.."the large egg breeds" you may run into problems with this incubator. If I would have know about this problem I may not have purchased this incubator. Some of the egg don't turn. I contacted the manufacturer and all they said was the eggs are too large and cannot be used in this type incubator. Anyone else have this problem? I put a pencil mark on the eggs to observe rotation and the incubator is not full of eggs. Over a couple days I've noticed several eggs remain in same location "Unturned". Manufacturer say I'll have to rotate those eggs manually. REALLY???? Whats the use of a egg turner if I have to manually rotate the eggs anyway. Might as well have purchased the Little Giant cheap incubator.
Get the Incuview incubator!!!

Here is problem with the Nature Right 360. Not sure if the awkward two hands need for removing the top has been mentioned so I have included it. The other is IF you are trying to hatch Turkeys and Ducks.."the large egg breeds" you may run into problems with this incubator. If I would have know about this problem I may not have purchased this incubator. Some of the egg don't turn. I contacted the manufacturer and all they said was the eggs are too large and cannot be used in this type incubator. Anyone else have this problem? I put a pencil mark on the eggs to observe rotation and the incubator is not full of eggs. Over a couple days I've noticed several eggs remain in same location "Unturned". Manufacturer say I'll have to rotate those eggs manually. REALLY???? Whats the use of a egg turner if I have to manually rotate the eggs anyway. Might as well have purchased the Little Giant cheap incubator.

I think the larger eggs all have to be hand turned.
I was just discussing different sized eggs in this incubator at a local farm store and some have successfully hatched duck eggs in theirs but I didn't ask if they were smaller ducks or if they were hand turning them. I do know someone hatched geese by hand turning so that could be the case. At the time we were talking I was more interested in the quail eggs, lol. They said they put more than one quail egg in each slot and it worked like a charm! Even chicken eggs don't roll perfectly even in this incubator but they each roll enough and it rotates every hour so it hasn't caused any issues for me at all. I've really been putting these incubators to the test this year so I'll be sure to report back if we go forward with trying quail or duck eggs in it!
@kdwellssr You'll have to let us know if you come up with something for your big eggs! :)

I've heard great things about the Incuview as well! As a matter of fact, I was trying to decide between the Incuview and the Nurture Right when I bought it. I picked the Nurture Right because it was much more reasonably priced and had better reviews on the accuracy of the thermometer and hygrometer without having to purchase a separate one (making is cost even more) but I still look at it considering it's actually made to hold different sized eggs. I primarily hatch chickens but I have a couple of people asking me for quail and ducks now...So I may eventually have the opportunity to put the Incuview and Nurture Right to the test side by side! lol, My budget will probably have to wait until next season though.

Studied the eggs not turning situation. Yes the eggs are large, however they do sit onto the turn table. They maybe touching the turning rails. The large end of the eggs need to be positioned to the large end of the egg turner rails. Still didn't cure the problem. Now I removed the turn table and sprayed a rubber spray coating onto the table. Will allow several days to fully cure and loose all smell if any. Then I will put the table back in and see if it works. Reason": table seamed to be very smooth. Maybe the eggs were just slipping on the table so the rubberized coating may help the heavier eggs turn rather than slide. Will post back when I see if it works.

This is a pretty ingenious idea! I hope the spray doesn't give off any fumes. Definitely keep us updated!! :thumbsup

It have the same turning issues....all the flat 'slider' and 'rotater' ones do.

Now I removed the turn table and sprayed a rubber spray coating onto the table. Will allow several days to fully cure and loose all smell if any. Then I will put the table back in and see if it works. Reason": table seamed to be very smooth. Maybe the eggs were just slipping on the table so the rubberized coating may help the heavier eggs turn rather than slide. Will post back when I see if it works.
Look forward to seeing if this works...then the details on product you used.

It have the same turning issues....all the flat 'slider' and 'rotater' ones do.

Look forward to seeing if this works...then the details on product you used.

Good to know! I figure even if they're not being turned evenly they're still clearly getting turned enough because my hatches have been great and it seems to be the same for the Incuview. :jumpy
My broody hen wasn't exactly all that precise either and she gave me a 100% hatch rate too! Lol

I have this one! It’s so nice but I must have bumped something cause I can’t get the auto turner to work (I’ve just been using the test turn feature lol). It also doesn’t keep humidity well but no incubators keep humidity in AZ lol.

To make the auto turner work again you can just reset the number of incubation days each time you fill the incubator. It has a feature where it shuts off automatically on day 18 so if you leave it on zero it won't turn.
Also the manufacturer recommends using distilled water, I've been using that and I fill it morning and evening and haven't had any issues with humidity. I do live in Georgia, which is like living in a sauna but my incubators are indoors where the AC/heat keep the air dry. I also fill the reservoir all the way and just open the vent wider. It lasts quite a long time when you do that.

Back
Top Bottom