Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
I got one on sale and I'm so excited! Loaded 22 of my own flocks eggs and 20 are fertile and look amazing. Hatch day is 4/14!
IMG_20200325_181414_466.jpg

So far every time I've used the incubator I've filled it with 22. I can't seem to resist, lol. My last hatch only 4 eggs were infertile and no quitters so I hatched 18 chicks in there. I agree it seems cramped and I did end up opening the incubator quickly to remove most of the chicks while the last two were struggling a bit but with my experience all but the last two hatched like popcorn so they were only in there long enough to dry off. I have 2 incubators full right now, for a total of 44 eggs and I'll be checking fertility again tonight but when I checked early I felt like I had at least a few infertile eggs again. I'm sure I'll eventually have a full 22 fertilized eggs incubating. I think it will be ok, just a full house for a bit, lol. We'll see what happens! :jumpy
Hi!!! I’ve heard differing times as to how long to leave the chicks in there to dry out. About how long did you leave your little fluffs in before removing them from the incubator?

Hi!!! I’ve heard differing times as to how long to leave the chicks in there to dry out. About how long did you leave your little fluffs in before removing them from the incubator?

It's not really a specific amount of time. I just wait for them to dry out a bit so they don't get chilled.

EDIT: I try not to open the incubator until all actively hatching chicks are finished hatching as well. If I absolutely must take some chicks out I try to wait until another chicks has just popped out of the shell and causes the humidity to spike. Nothing re-stabilizes the humidity when you pop it open really quick quite like a freshly hatched chick, lol.

Back
Top Bottom