Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Ebay- Skywalker2136.
They have (or had) a lot of listings of the eggs. Initially I got into several bidding wars, but was not willing to pay too much for eggs (because I'm cheap) so I did not win those auctions. But I was patient and eventually got some at the beginning bid price without any competitive bids against me.

I did find several farms selling hatching eggs, but they were twice the general ebay prices and either sold out or not available until Nov.
Ok cool I’ll look into that. I won’t know if I can do another hatch until I know if schools are going to be run in person here. If I can’t go to work in the fall I’ll be hatching chicks.

All of yours look different than mine! Today is Day 0.
20200715_171601.jpg

Wish we lived near you. My kids LOVE hatching, but we have a small chicken limit in our coop. Every time we hatch it's a gamble on whether we'll be able to sell the chicks or get stuck with too many beaks to feed.

The incubator doesn't have much of a smell during incubation. At the end when chicks are hatching there is a slight odor inside - but nothing like rotting eggs if that's what you're thinking. Think more of a brooder smell when the poops of the 1st chicks hatched begin. The odor is only detected when the incubator is opened to remove chicks, so again, it's not a big deal. Yes the bottom will look gross, but this incubator is not too difficult to clean.
OK, thanks for the input. I can handle that "smell". I just can't handle the slightest hint of sulfur. Even if I boil eggs, I have to be careful not to overcook them because I can't stand the smell! :sick

I took the plunge and ordered the incubator.

Awesome! Let us know how it goes!
I ended up taking the plunge and ordered it. It will be delivered to my local TSC in a few days. I had to really think about it before deciding to go ahead with the purchase. I'm sure it will be more enticing in the spring when I'm not out in the garden yet and I'm not managing 3 flocks of chickens and have more time on my hands. Right now is NOT a good time to be hatching chicks, I'm just too busy!

I'll probably end up being a crazy hatch-a-holic! No offense to any current hatch-a-holics! :D

I was in the same place. Like 14 years with chickens and never wanted or needed an incubator before thank you very much. Buuut, changing times call for creative measures.

OMG! I never realized how much I was missing out on an with the ability to order hatching eggs. ANY. Kind. Of. Eggs. I. Want. *swoon*

I ordered mine via TSC also using my coupon and knew in advance if mine so much as hiccuped wrong the manager at my store will make things right. Plus from what I read Harris is also (usually) good for customer service.
(...and I've been using Manna Pro products for ages!)

The smell- So far I have not noticed a smell. I don't let the water get grungy during incubation and the most I ever noticed is a warm egg smell on occasion when lifting the lid. It's not unpleasant, more like cooked eggs if anything. I know the styrofoam ones don't smell good, but these being hard plastic I would think proper care and cleaning is all that's needed. There is sometimes a little grossness (if you are squeamish) during normal hatching, but it doesn't smell at all. Not at all like assisting a farm animal birth, trust me.

There is however fuzz. Lot's of fuzz! When the chicks hatch there is left over dried egg fluids on their fuzz that sheds off as the chick dries and fluffs up. I did not realize how much there would be and it irritates my sinuses, much like regular dust, but if I'm careful not to rub or fluff up a chick under my face it's not too bad.
Thanks so much, this is very helpful. I already intend to clean thoroughly after hatch and am prepared for the mess mentally. I'm not squeamish really, but I really do hate unsanitary conditions. If you own chickens, you have to stomach some pretty nasty stuff! The incubator will have its own room away from the living areas to keep any dust/odor to a minimum.

I'm sure once I get one hatch under my belt, I'll be more positive about the whole idea. Thanks again!

If the red light is on over the egg turning icon does it mean the auto turner is on? I have never noticed it turning, the egg I have in there is always in the same place and the embryo appears to be stuck to the eggshell???
It should turn by itself. Is the egg turning cord plugged in all the way? Try pressing the + and - button at the same time as this is a test to see if the egg turner is working.

If the red light is on over the egg turning icon does it mean the auto turner is on? I have never noticed it turning, the egg I have in there is always in the same place and the embryo appears to be stuck to the eggshell???
Yes.
However if this is not the first hatch and you did not reset it like the directions call for at the beginning of a hatch, it may indeed not be working. I do know that if you candle at the same time each day (or evening) the eggs will be near the same spots because of how regularly it turns, which is every hour.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom