Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I disagree. I believe the bantams are the sweetest... why do you think I have 4 bantam roosters?

I do have a super sweet little Cochin Bantam and my friend's Japanese Bantam rooster is non-aggressive, though he wants nothing to do with me, lol. Don't even get me started on Silkies, they're a gentle as the cotton balls they resemble!
Of my standard sized chickens the heavy set breeds are my babies though. 🥰

I do have a super sweet little Cochin Bantam and my friend's Japanese Bantam rooster is non-aggressive, though he wants nothing to do with me, lol. Don't even get me started on Silkies, they're a gentle as the cotton balls they resemble!
Of my standard sized chickens the heavy set breeds are my babies though. 🥰
I like Ozzy the Deathlayer Cross I have. His brothers offspring named Hawkeye is pretty awesome too but those are the only standard sizes I have

Been a while since I checked the thread. Haven't been trying to hatch anything. But...
20200802_160524.jpg
A broody Barred Rock managed to hatch this little thing, and nothing else. A broody GLW almost hatched two, and did hatch one, but all of them died - the live one was prolapsed. At 10 days old, this little BR x GLW chick was able to fly up ~2 ft. to escape the outdoor brooder I'm keeping it in with mama.

20200622_000938.jpg
This smudge-headed BO x GLW is now 7 weeks old, and I'm pretty confident that it's a roo. Here's how he's feathered out:
20200802_161406.jpg
He has some black markings hidden under his wings and tail feathers, but only the dark mane is immediately visible now.

Been a while since I checked the thread. Haven't been trying to hatch anything. But...
View attachment 2273571
A broody Barred Rock managed to hatch this little thing, and nothing else. A broody GLW almost hatched two, and did hatch one, but all of them died - the live one was prolapsed. At 10 days old, this little BR x GLW chick was able to fly up ~2 ft. to escape the outdoor brooder I'm keeping it in with mama.

View attachment 2273582
This smudge-headed BO x GLW is now 7 weeks old, and I'm pretty confident that it's a roo. Here's how he's feathered out:
View attachment 2273586
He has some black markings hidden under his wings and tail feathers, but only the dark mane is immediately visible now.

I love broody momma's! I'm sorry you had a rough hatch with one of them. I agree that the last one looks like a cockerel.

I'm not quite sure what you mean there? Some of the insides being black?
The Ayam Cemani are black from the inside out... that’s what she meant. If you need it with something else, she was wondering if they will have dark meat spots or full black insides...

Sometimes when you breed silkies with another breed, they’ll have dark meat spots or have all over dark meat.

Back
Top Bottom