Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

How many eggs does it fit?
22 with the turner in. More if you hand turn.

@CrisAnderson27
Yes, like FortCluck said... I was wondering if some of the internal organs or meat might be black since the outside doesn't seem to be. Especially since there looked to be black on the feet.
Merely curious about how the genetics on the crosses might work.

@CrisAnderson27
Yes, like FortCluck said... I was wondering if some of the internal organs or meat might be black since the outside doesn't seem to be. Especially since there looked to be black on the feet.
I’d be weirded out butchering a dark meat chicken lol

First one!

Attachments

• A136FF54-A9F0-493E-9D39-42B65903997A.jpeg
    A136FF54-A9F0-493E-9D39-42B65903997A.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 15
Been a while since I checked the thread. Haven't been trying to hatch anything. But...
View attachment 2273571
A broody Barred Rock managed to hatch this little thing, and nothing else. A broody GLW almost hatched two, and did hatch one, but all of them died - the live one was prolapsed. At 10 days old, this little BR x GLW chick was able to fly up ~2 ft. to escape the outdoor brooder I'm keeping it in with mama.

View attachment 2273582
This smudge-headed BO x GLW is now 7 weeks old, and I'm pretty confident that it's a roo. Here's how he's feathered out:
View attachment 2273586
He has some black markings hidden under his wings and tail feathers, but only the dark mane is immediately visible now.
So the second chick pic is of a BR x GLW? I have one in my incubator. It might be pure BR though. The dad of this chick was either a GLW or a BR and the mom is a BR. Can't wait to see what mine looks like.

The BR x GLW is the little black chick with the bit of white on it's head.

I have two more with the same mix that are older... they're almost solid black. Toward their neck and shoulders, they have *very* minor Wyandotte-ish feathers... only the shaft of the feather is a faint golden, the rest is black. The main way I tell them apart from my Jersey Giants is that the mixes have rose combs.

The newest little guy has way more color so far. Interesting to see how the genetic lottery plays out sometimes.

@CrisAnderson27

I gotcha! When you said first video my mind went to the candling video, lol. Very confusing for a minute!

20200803_190448.jpg
Here's the little chickee, now 14 days old. I'd open the enclosure I have it in for a better pic, but when I do mama tries to get out and it follows right along.

20200803_190317.jpg
Here's one of the other BR x GLW crosses, bit over 7 weeks old. Pretty green iridescence, and you can only see color on like 3 feathers on each side. I think the other has a few more feathers like that, but neither was ever as colorful as the chick is now.

Back
Top Bottom