Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Early quitters are not uncommon. There are sooo many factors involved with super early quitters that it's almost impossible to determine what happened in this early stage.
I hope it's not my fault. 😔 oh, well. I'm thankful for the other living ones I found! I hope at least a couple will be pure Columbian Wyandottes!

I hope it's not my fault. 😔 oh, well. I'm thankful for the other living ones I found! I hope at least a couple will be pure Columbian Wyandottes!

I doubt it's anything you could have done differently. Broody hens have early quitters too.
Flock health, age, storage of the eggs, genetics, bacteria, etc.
I can't even pretend to guess what caused it but I've even done experiments with my hatches and found that I have more early quitters during the hottest months of the summer here, and if we had lots of rain during those month (lowering the temps from rain) the hatch rates were better. That leads me to believe that even the heat stress that the hen is under prior to laying the egg can have an effect. :idunno

I doubt it's anything you could have done differently. Broody hens have early quitters too.
Flock health, age, storage of the eggs, genetics, bacteria, etc.
I can't even pretend to guess what caused it but I've even done experiments with my hatches and found that I have more early quitters during the hottest months of the summer here, and if we had lots of rain during those month (lowering the temps from rain) the hatch rates were better. That leads me to believe that even the heat stress that the hen is under prior to laying the egg can have an effect. :idunno
Thanks for all your help and words of encouragement, Andrea! :hugs🤗

Okay, day 7. Here is the blood ring one. Is the darker spot just the dead embryo?

20210918_202855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom