Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

So here's my thought, maybe if you put the thermometer in the center it would be warmer. That's closer to where the gauge in the incubator is as well.
Is the thermostat sensor visible...usually a small wire hanging down on other types of bators.
Another thought is to raise it to the level of the top of the egg.

Interesting, so I left 3 thermometers in the incubator for a bit and @aart is right, it's warmer on top of the eggs but it's also reading 98.4°F in the center of my incubator. I think it might be because I normally prop the thermometers on top of the turner.

Interesting, so I left 3 thermometers in the incubator for a bit and @aart is right, it's warmer on top of the eggs but it's also reading 98.4°F in the center of my incubator. I think it might be because I normally prop the thermometers on top of the turner.
Back in the day when many were using foam bators and alcohol therms(mounted on clear plastic sheets to set on top of eggs), temps were taken on top of the eggs...and temps were different for fan and still bators.

Okay, conclusion is that it is about the same in the middle from where it was. It's actually showing 97.2 right now. And warm water did temporarily raise the temp, but not for long. The house is a little colder now, so that could be a factor. I'll try raising the room temperature with my heater and see if that helps somewhat.

Okay, conclusion is that it is about the same in the middle from where it was. It's actually showing 97.2 right now. And warm water did temporarily raise the temp, but not for long. The house is a little colder now, so that could be a factor. I'll try raising the room temperature with my heater and see if that helps somewhat.
What’s the temp in the house?

Warm water would just be to speed up the process so the incubator doesn't have to work so hard but since you mentioned it had been a couple of hours already it was unrelated to that. I normally use room temp water too unless I have chicks hatching, that's a whole other story, lol.

I'm going to say that your temperature is probably fine now that I've checked mine on the floor of the incubator as well and I checked prior to incubating and on top of the turner there were spots at 99.5, 99, 98.5, and 97.6 if I remember correctly. I didn't write it down but it was all within my comfort zone.

Could you risk bumping the temp up half a degree? See if it is just struggling to get to 98 as set?
I'm thinking I will if it continues to decrease, but for now I'll monitor it closely. Probably the only thing I'd change about this incubator is being able to change the degrees by .1 vs .5

Warm water would just be to speed up the process so the incubator doesn't have to work so hard but since you mentioned it had been a couple of hours already it was unrelated to that. I normally use room temp water too unless I have chicks hatching, that's a whole other story, lol.

I'm going to say that your temperature is probably fine now that I've checked mine on the floor of the incubator as well and I checked prior to incubating and on top of the turner there were spots at 99.5, 99, 98.5, and 97.6 if I remember correctly. I didn't write it down but it was all within my comfort zone.
Okay thank you, hopefully it is that the thermometer is a little lower than it normally is. I'll just have to keep on eye on it and hopefully it doesn't keep decreasing. I did notice slight change in temp throughout incubation as well, depending on where it was. Highest it got was 100.6, lowest was 98.6.

I'm thinking I will if it continues to decrease, but for now I'll monitor it closely. Probably the only thing I'd change about this incubator is being able to change the degrees by .1 vs .5

Okay thank you, hopefully it is that the thermometer is a little lower than it normally is. I'll just have to keep on eye on it and hopefully it doesn't keep decreasing. I did notice slight change in temp throughout incubation as well, depending on where it was. Highest it got was 100.6, lowest was 98.6.

If it drops more then I would be concerned but yes it's normal for there to be a variation in different spots in the incubator. Hot and cold spots are in pretty much every incubator but that's one of the major reasons I love the NR360 because the turner rotates all the way around the incubator negating that issue and that way I don't need to rotate eggs!

Keep us updated on your hatch! I'm invested now. lol

Back
Top Bottom