Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Am I right that there is a bullseye so this egg is fertilized?

Attachments

• received_735254340798088.jpeg
    received_735254340798088.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 6
  • received_663972591485508.jpeg
    received_663972591485508.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
Am I right that there is a bullseye so this egg is fertilized?

Sure looks like a bullseye to me! How old is the egg? I've been fooled a handful of times by older eggs because the blastodisc (the white dot) will start to "rest" for lack of a better term and even though it's not fertilized it looks like it is.

Had an urge to set a teeny tiny fairy egg-but decided not to. (I think if it did hatch, it probably wouldn't be healthy, plus they usually don't have a yolk and white.

Lo and behold, I cracked it open, and voila! Fertile, yolk, and white! Too late now, of course. :)

Also:
*me* Ok, only 10 eggs. I can't keep any.
*voice* Oh-but don't you want to make it a nice dozen?
*me* Hm, ok.
*voice* But wait! 15 is a nice, solid number!
*me* I don't think I have that many
*voice* At least check!
*me* Oh-I do!
*me* *puts 15 eggs in the incubator*
*voice* Oh no! There's an emptry slot in the outer ring! That'll drive you crazy.
*me* Just one more...
*me* *stares at many more eggs than planned*
*voice* Think of all the fluff balls!
*me* Puts lid on incubator.

Had an urge to set a teeny tiny fairy egg-but decided not to. (I think if it did hatch, it probably wouldn't be healthy, plus they usually don't have a yolk and white.

Lo and behold, I cracked it open, and voila! Fertile, yolk, and white! Too late now, of course. :)

Also:
*me* Ok, only 10 eggs. I can't keep any.
*voice* Oh-but don't you want to make it a nice dozen?
*me* Hm, ok.
*voice* But wait! 15 is a nice, solid number!
*me* I don't think I have that many
*voice* At least check!
*me* Oh-I do!
*me* *puts 15 eggs in the incubator*
*voice* Oh no! There's an emptry slot in the outer ring! That'll drive you crazy.
*me* Just one more...
*me* *stares at many more eggs than planned*
*voice* Think of all the fluff balls!
*me* Puts lid on incubator.

lol!!! :lau
I don't "need" any more chickens but I wanted a Porcelain d'uccle...ONE...so I ordered shipped eggs 13 Porcelain d'uccles + 3 Golden Neck d'uccles to be exact....shipped eggs are supposed to have poor hatch rates right? 1 wasn't fertilized, 1 quit, and I now have 14 chicks in my brooder. 😅

Final update on the hatch. Got 9 total chicks, 6 hatched a day early, and 3 the actual hatch date. Unfortunately, 3 of them did not make it. I doubled checked by opening up the eggs. I regret not helping one of the Welsummer eggs sooner. It was moving 2 hours before I decided to try and help it, but it was too late. Any thoughts on why? None of them made an internal or external pip.

Pictures of the babies. 3 Welsummers, 2 Black Australorps, 1 Light Brahma, 2 Leghorn mixes, and 1 EE/Ayam Cemani mix
20220326_171540.jpg

20220326_171609.jpg

20220326_171553.jpg

Final update on the hatch. Got 9 total chicks, 6 hatched a day early, and 3 the actual hatch date. Unfortunately, 3 of them did not make it. I doubled checked by opening up the eggs. I regret not helping one of the Welsummer eggs sooner. It was moving 2 hours before I decided to try and help it, but it was too late. Any thoughts on why? None of them made an internal or external pip.

Pictures of the babies. 3 Welsummers, 2 Black Australorps, 1 Light Brahma, 2 Leghorn mixes, and 1 EE/Ayam Cemani mix
View attachment 3038872
View attachment 3038873
View attachment 3038877

They're beautiful!

Can you tell me a little more about what you saw? It's hard to diagnose a reason for them not hatching when I don't see it in person or get lots of details. When you looked at them were they in the correct position for hatching? Turned away from the air cell? Was there a sticky substance around them? Fully developed?

Back
Top Bottom