Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I have a styrofoam one, forced air. It just doesn't seem to be quite good enough to get great hatch rates. Small hatches yes but a full incubator no. Idk why it doesn't keep a consistent temperature always having to adjust it. I don't like it because of the chances of getting it to cold or hot. I am constantly watching it when home checking heat and humidity

I had to do this with some of my old incubators as well and I would rotate the eggs around to make up for hot and cold spots. That's another thing I like about the NR360, it rotates the eggs all the way around the incubator so you don't need to do it manually.

I cleaned out the incubator today... it was a pain! The chicks got fluffy down on every nook and cranny. It’s done now, but any tips for the future? I went at it with a straw cleaner, lol.

I have found that disposable handi-wipe towels are the easiest thing for me to use to clean everything out. They're tough enough that they don't tear like paper towels can and thin enough to twist into different shapes to make cleaning in the nooks easier.

I use bleach diluted in water for cleaning and then I wipe everything down with plain water before drying.

To make my life easier I place the trays into the water to soak and I fill the reservoirs with the bleach water to sit for a few minutes as well. I never allow water to pool in the tiny circle in the center where the metal shaft for the automatic turner is, I only use the towel in there.

The lid, I never turn upsidedown to prevent water from dripping up to where the digital components are. It's a little annoying but I just hold it up while I wipe it down inside.

Thank you everyone for help with hygrometers. Did it again last night. 2 read 76, the govee read 78. So if I keep the incubator reading around 45 for days 1-18 it should be fine right?

Yes, I start at 45 and monitor the air cell development to see if any adjustments are needed but I rarely need to change it. :)

I cleaned out the incubator today... it was a pain! The chicks got fluffy down on every nook and cranny. It’s done now, but any tips for the future? I went at it with a straw cleaner, lol.
I like compressed air for getting all the down and solid debris out. Either in a can or from an air compressor.

The incubator itself looks awesome as heck! BUT........ what I don't like about this incubator is that it only does increments of 0.5 degree and not 0.1 degree!!!!! That is the deal breaker of the century!!!!!! WHY, oh WHY did you do that Harris Farms?
What's worse is adjusting +/- .5 deg on the indicator changes the temp more substantially like 1.0 to 1.5 degrees sometimes depending on how low or high the humidity. Perhaps the thermostat quality can only achieve a .5 degree accuracy at best and that is why you can only set it in those increments. Other than that, and a need for soft grip handles on the lid, I like this incubator. I'm nine days from hatch on my second set of eggs right now.

Back
Top Bottom